anontrol

ubuntu and ubnt-discovery-v2.3

Any suggestion on how to get these two things working together?

All I get is the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.awt.HeadlessException
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.checkHeadless(GraphicsEnvironment.java:173)
at java.awt.Window.(Window.java:476)
at java.awt.Frame.(Frame.java:419)
at javax.swing.JFrame.(JFrame.java:218)
at com.oOOO.super.O0oO.(Unknown Source)
at com.ubnt.discovery.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Punto1Tec

Re: ubuntu and ubnt-discovery-v2.3

I got the same trouble, we need to install java runtimes for ubuntu first. I make this steps below.

1. From the software center you should search for "java" and install the following apps.

ubuntu java.png

2. Later install that, you need to mark the file (ubnt-discovery-v2.3.jar) as executable (to be able to run it) or you will get the "blocked: /usr/bin/java -jar" warning (and the executable bit info); you can make that going to the properties menu of that file, chose the permissions tab and mark "allow executing file as program". Later this you should be able to "right clic" and use "OpenJDK Java 6 Runtime" to open UBNT discovery tool.

Selección_001.png

3. But later that you'll maybe still can't find Ubiquiti devices with the program if you have your network settings in "automatic DHCP", so you need to go at "system settings", "network", choose the network that you have connected to the ubiquiti's and clic in "options", go to "IPv4 tab" and choose the option "Link-Local Only".

Selección_002.png

4. Finally you can use the discovery tool in Ubuntu, maybe I have some errors in the tutorial, because I made it in two days and maybe I forget things.

PD: to enter to the "Web UI" of a Ubiquiti device you should configure a static IP in the range of the device, using "link-local only" just helps to find them.

moobchunks
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Re: ubuntu and ubnt-discovery-v2.3

I received a headless exception also when running the discovery tool, all I had to do was install openjdk runtime 7 like listed in the last post, cd to the directory of the jar and run 'java -jar ubnt-discovery-tool'

thanks!