ukzerosniper
Kudos: 58
Solutions: 12

Meraki + Ubiquiti HotSpot

Hi guys,

We are looking into ways of deploying hotspots and adding the functionality of taking credit card payments and managing user authentication.

To this end, we are looking at using a Meraki MR66 in the centre of the site with some nano stations linking to its 5GHz broadcasts and some rocket M2 +120deg sectors in the corners of the site.

Has anyone had experience with the Meraki units? It seems to do absolutely everything we could ask or imagine excluding one thing. It doesn't allow any customisation of the landing page when its in billing mode. If you are giving any variant of the free internet options, you can customise the landing page any way you please, but this doesn't seem possible with the billing option.

Has anyone had any experience of these units?

Thanks guys.
If this post helped. Consider donating to my bit coin fund

1DrTMxNmBuZwgEcJs2LTh3hnB6VFEC1Uqf
bajataz
Kudos: 37
Solutions: 4

Why not go all ubiquiti and just flash the firmware !!!

I have 75 people up and running on a rocket M2 and I take credit cards through paypal for now, but I can use ip-pay or authorize.net.

I have the firmware to give you and I charge $20 a month for the service that allows you to set and use ur own splash page and much more.

If your interested my firmware works with all the M series equipment.

Give me a call 859-991-0232 ask for mike.

Leading Edge Systems !!!
Established Member
Ant
Kudos: 399
Solutions: 26

Re: Meraki + Ubiquiti HotSpot

Meraki, we used them at first. Not as good as Unifi in my opinion. Hated the idea of having to pay just to manage the units in a "cloud". Just curious why choose Meraki when the Unifi-Pro is available? The Unifi series can take pay pal payments and the management can be housed in house or on Amazon. The meraki outdoor stuff died usually after 6 months to a year of service.
"All things are possible but not everything is probable."
Established Member
TechnoKiwi
Kudos: 115

I have 75 people up and running on a rocket M2 and I take credit cards through paypal for now, but I can use ip-pay or authorize.net.

I have the firmware to give you and I charge $20 a month for the service that allows you to set and use ur own splash page and much more.

If your interested my firmware works with all the M series equipment.

Give me a call 859-991-0232 ask for mike.

Leading Edge Systems !!!

Is it similar to this?
login.maiwifi.co.nz/index/index?res=notyet&test=1&account=maiwifiB03

I would like to have a Hotspot Section on this Forum, for providers, users and new comer's to fire questions etc and help eachother, without calling it selfpromoting or Spam, agree?

I might have to look into that Meraki hotspot option when I finally get my hands on one soon! :icon_cool:
INTERNATIONAL Wi-Fi Hotspot Provider www.maiwifi.com
Using only the best firmware ~ airOS with our hotspot tab
DOWNLOAD FREE Firmware & install on any airMAX radio
Established Member
TechnoKiwi

Meraki, we used them at first. Not as good as Unifi in my opinion. Hated the idea of having to pay just to manage the units in a "cloud". Just curious why choose Meraki when the Unifi-Pro is available? The Unifi series can take pay pal payments and the management can be housed in house or on Amazon. The meraki outdoor stuff died usually after 6 months to a year of service.

Need to look here also, thanks
lboyd
Kudos: 41

We use Rocket M2 and MikroTik RB450G w/ Usermanager for our hotspots. We already had an account with authorize.net so we handle the payments ourselves as well.

Leo
Established Member
TechnoKiwi

We use Rocket M2 and MikroTik RB450G w/ Usermanager for our hotspots. We already had an account with authorize.net so we handle the payments ourselves as well.

Leo

Cool...
anyone else run hotspots and want to share what they use?
:icon_wink:
Established Member
MaximumISP
Kudos: 224

imho so far my wifirush vm is the best I have used to date

fumi22

Hello, I have several mikrotik 450G hotspots with ubqiuiti devices to repeat de signal and I use visualRadius to make my radius server. visualRadius it's easy to install in windows and easy to use.
This server let me to make paypal payments.

See you