sj3sa
Kudos: 1

Nanostation M2 vs Nanostation 2

My question is if i will see a difference between a Nanostation 2 and Nanostation both configured as a station,
or lets just say if its better to stay with one type of gear, or if it doesnt matter if i interchange M gear and none M gear..

The Nanostation Loco 2 and Nanostation Loco 2m have the same price, and are both 8 dbi. For me I prefer the M gear it has a faster processor and looks nicer!

should i stick with one type or will i get the same signal if i have one Loco M and one normal Loco if the conditions are the same?
I believe Loco M is dual pol and Loco single pol right?
One doesnt always have both in stock..
RFDC_Mike

Re: Nanostation M2 vs Nanostation 2

My question is if i will see a difference between a Nanostation 2 and Nanostation both configured as a station,
or lets just say if its better to stay with one type of gear, or if it doesnt matter if i interchange M gear and none M gear..

The Nanostation Loco 2 and Nanostation Loco 2m have the same price, and are both 8 dbi. For me I prefer the M gear it has a faster processor and looks nicer!

should i stick with one type or will i get the same signal if i have one Loco M and one normal Loco if the conditions are the same?
I believe Loco M is dual pol and Loco single pol right?
One doesnt always have both in stock..

Hey Sj3sa,

There are a lot of factors that determine this, but in most cases the LocoM2 is an acceptible replacement for the Loco2. What are you using as the AP right now?

Also in a mixed enviroment you will not get the added benefits of AirMax and the other new features, but the unit will be prepared if you ever switch to a full AirMax network.

MIke
RF Datacom
Competitive pricing on SAF, Ubiquiti, MikroTik and more!
Email: mike.ford@rfdatacom.com
Established Member
drwho17
Kudos: 118
Solutions: 3

It is pretty much a drop in replacement, however the M series units I find to perform better then then non-M's as CPE's. The M's make really good stations.
rahulmkhj

Hello Everyone!
Right now I'm using Normal NS2 as CPE for my Wavion BaseStation (2.4Ghz). Now we are planning to switch to Ubiquiti Base Station with RocketM2. But, my question is if do Normal NS2 work with M familyt products (i.e. RocketM 2) or we need to change all the CPEs if we switch to RocketM 2 with sector Antennas.
Thanks in advance.
Rahul
Rahul
Mashimoto

Hey Rahul,
I just setup a system using Wavion's 2400 omni and was curious your experience with it and why the change to Ubiquiti + RocketM2?
I just bought some NSM2's and have yet to try them out. Currently, I'm running on the NS2's and was curious of your experiences with the different device combos.