Doug
Kudos: 1

upgrading firmware in remotely?

We officially have our first four UBNT nano stations in place. We are running a rocket as our AP. They are running beautifully. While playing with Ubiquiti Air Control I noticed the nano stations came with an old version of firmware. I was considering making an attempt at ugrading the firmware remotely, but was concerned the system would not reconnect after the upgrade and I'm not prepared to make that drive just yet. Any input on success or failures of such things?

Also curious. Our radios have been in for 4 days now problem free. How often do you find yourselves rebooting these radios? So far we are very happy. Just curious what we need to be prepared for.

thanks
Doug
Established Member
dayas
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 1

Re: upgrading firmware in remotely?

We officially have our first four UBNT nano stations in place. We are running a rocket as our AP. They are running beautifully. While playing with Ubiquiti Air Control I noticed the nano stations came with an old version of firmware. I was considering making an attempt at ugrading the firmware remotely, but was concerned the system would not reconnect after the upgrade and I'm not prepared to make that drive just yet. Any input on success or failures of such things?

Also curious. Our radios have been in for 4 days now problem free. How often do you find yourselves rebooting these radios? So far we are very happy. Just curious what we need to be prepared for.

thanks
Doug

What we do is ensure ping watchdog is enabled, we have found that if the cpe is unable to ping its gateway after a firmware update it will restart automaticaly via ping watchdog and then re associate.

As far as how ofter to reboot this gear, we never do other than doing firmware upgrades.
Dallas Gray
CCNP, CCNA, CCDA, CWTS, UACA, NET+, A+, CXFF