samkay102

How to configure rocketm5 & nano station m5

Hello
I have A-rocketM5 B-Nano station M5 (location B have internet) C-Nano station M5.
How could the 3 locations communicate together and have internet and share files in the same time ???
What is the best configuration for each one.
How should I configure Air OS??
Please help me I am new
Sam
Schnulch
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1

Re: How to configure rocketm5 & nano station m5

Hi, you want to use AP-WDS to Station-WDS. The one unit that "sees" both of the other ones would be AP-WDS, the other 2 units STa-WDS.
follow that wiki guide (Read all, because at least one picture shows wrong settings, the text next to it is correct!)
http://www.ubnt.com/wiki/How_to_bridge_internet_connections
samkay102

Rocketm5 and 2 nano station

Thanks for your reply,
but the problem is that one of the Nano station have internet.
can the Nano station give internet to the bridge station?????
Some suggest me to configure the base station (Rocket M5)as a repeater insted of bridge, what do you think?
samkay102

IBridge

If I configure it as a bridge I think this is the best configuration.
Thanks
Schnulch
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1

Re: How to configure rocketm5 & nano station m5

Just go for the bridged setup, no repeater mode PLEASE!
If you have them set up like Rocket= AP-WDS and NANOs as Station-WDS, they will act like Rocket as a switch, and the two Nanos like a Network cable connected to the switch (Rocket)
It doesnt matter at which device the Internet connection is, just make sure all devices that need internet access have the right settings for gateway and DNS (DHCP from your Internet Gateway / WAN Router should work fine for all Devices.
samkay102

thanks

Just go for the bridged setup, no repeater mode PLEASE!

If you have them set up like Rocket= AP-WDS and NANOs as Station-WDS, they will act like Rocket as a switch, and the two Nanos like a Network cable connected to the switch (Rocket)

It doesnt matter at which device the Internet connection is, just make sure all devices that need internet access have the right settings for gateway and DNS (DHCP from your Internet Gateway / WAN Router should work fine for all Devices.

Thanks I will try it and will let you know