marievin

Change the SSID using telnet connection

Hello,

I configured my ns2 in AP Mode and I would like to change the AP SSID through a telnet connection. When I type the command : iwconfig ath0 ESSID mynewssid it works fine (the new ssid is propagated) but when I reboot the ns2, it is lost and the old ssid is used.

When I look at the ns2 configuration using AirOS, I can see that the SSID (in the Link Setup tab) is not changed by the command above. Only the 'Base Station SSID' in the main tab is changed. When I reboot my ns2, the Base Station SSID is overwritten by the SSID from the Link Setup tab.

Is there a way to change this SSID using a telnet connection?

Firmware Version: NS2.ar2316.v2.2.1.2476.080208.1627

Thank you in advance for your help
Regards
Vincent
Established Member
skyhook
Kudos: 4

Re: Change the SSID using telnet connection

Hello,

I configured my ns2 in AP Mode and I would like to change the AP SSID through a telnet connection. When I type the command : iwconfig ath0 ESSID mynewssid it works fine (the new ssid is propagated) but when I reboot the ns2, it is lost and the old ssid is used.

When I look at the ns2 configuration using AirOS, I can see that the SSID (in the Link Setup tab) is not changed by the command above. Only the 'Base Station SSID' in the main tab is changed. When I reboot my ns2, the Base Station SSID is overwritten by the SSID from the Link Setup tab.

Regards
Vincent

To make changes permantertly, add your shell command to AirOS scritps (see this, can help youhttp://wiki.ubnt.com/wiki/index.php/Manual_Routes)

note: v2.2.1 is very old, update it :manwink:
Best Regards ... Rob - UBNT Italian Community - Share Ubiquiti Networks eXperiences!
niranjan_lk

Re: Change the SSID using telnet connection

Hello,

Regards
Vincent

-----------------------------------------------------------------
##Change the SSID##

iwconfig ath0 ESSID mynewssid

##Save the changers to memory##

cfgmtd -w -p /etc/