DaneKan

resetting Nanostation M2

(unrelated to the other item I just posted...)

so I have a nanostation M2 that's been fairly flakey since I bought it. I successfully paired it with another M2 for a week, but then one day I just wasn't able to connect any wifi clients to it. I'd see it, it just wouldn't connect and get an IP, even when directly adjacent. I thought I'd hook a laptop up to it today and figure out what is wrong with it, and when I configure it as 192.168.1.3 I'm unable to ping the AP. I had a fallback IP set from 192.168.1.20 to .22, but irrelevant neither are pingable.

So I did a reset... I held the reset button down for 8 seconds, tftped the firmware, and it said successful. (Also, the wifi ssids I had previously broadcasting were wiped and no longer broadcasting so I'm fairly sure the reset took place)

At this point I've re-uploaded firmware and everything is factory default, but can't ping the default 192.168.1.20? ... is this thing fried or am I missing something obvious? I repeated the entire recovery mode again with the same result--when it goes into recovery mode I'm able to ping and TFTP to it just fine so I'm perplexed at what the issue might be?
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford
Kudos: 12

Re: resetting Nanostation M2

(unrelated to the other item I just posted...)

so I have a nanostation M2 that's been fairly flakey since I bought it. I successfully paired it with another M2 for a week, but then one day I just wasn't able to connect any wifi clients to it. I'd see it, it just wouldn't connect and get an IP, even when directly adjacent. I thought I'd hook a laptop up to it today and figure out what is wrong with it, and when I configure it as 192.168.1.3 I'm unable to ping the AP. I had a fallback IP set from 192.168.1.20 to .22, but irrelevant neither are pingable.

So I did a reset... I held the reset button down for 8 seconds, tftped the firmware, and it said successful. (Also, the wifi ssids I had previously broadcasting were wiped and no longer broadcasting so I'm fairly sure the reset took place)

At this point I've re-uploaded firmware and everything is factory default, but can't ping the default 192.168.1.20? ... is this thing fried or am I missing something obvious? I repeated the entire recovery mode again with the same result--when it goes into recovery mode I'm able to ping and TFTP to it just fine so I'm perplexed at what the issue might be?

Hello,

Is it possible to hook up the serial connection to this device and give us the output? I will not void the warranty for you opening this device.

Thanks,
DaneKan

possibly, where is the serial connection at internally and what kind of connector? i don't see any screws on this either, is it possible to disassemble and reassemble and still have it remain watertight? is this documented anywhere, i searched and the only thing that comes up is this thread
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford
Kudos: 12

possibly, where is the serial connection at internally and what kind of connector? i don't see any screws on this either, is it possible to disassemble and reassemble and still have it remain watertight? is this documented anywhere, i searched and the only thing that comes up is this thread

Hello,

The Screws are underneath the product sticker inside near the Ethernet port. Also the header is a standard header and will need to be connected to a MAX RS232 adapter.

Thanks,

Mike
ANGBOLE

Hello,

The Screws are underneath the product sticker inside near the Ethernet port. Also the header is a standard header and will need to be connected to a MAX RS232 adapter.

Thanks,

Mike

je viens d'acheter un nanostation m2 qui s'est planter. Je n'arrive plus a faire le reset à partir du boutont reset et les voyant sont rester figé. pouvez vous m'aider svp
Established Member
TechnoKiwi
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 4

UBNT-Mike Ford,
Maybe its just bad language, but does it seem that this might be above his knowledge or knowhow. Wouldn't it best just for him to send it in?
Maybe he has a serial connector, but he seems to not know what the connector looks like?
INTERNATIONAL Wi-Fi Hotspot Provider www.maiwifi.com
Using only the best firmware ~ airOS with our hotspot tab
DOWNLOAD FREE Firmware & install on any airMAX radio