katcha

Differences in Pico 2HP from diff distributors

I just purchased a Pico Station 2HP that cost over $350 freighted. It was simple to install. By plugging it into power and connecting via my router using an ether cable that I ran out through the roof I managed to broadcast the signal some 200-300 yards.

Once I got the AP from the distributor I realised that they did not manufacture it and looked to see that Ubiquiti was the maker. Since then I want to install another one of these at a friends place and see that other distributors sell them for less.

Can I simple buy this Pico Station 2HP-US 2.4GHz AP and set it up in a similar manner and expect it to deliver the same results?
or has the distributor that I initially purchased the antenna from done something special to warrant the price?
They do have a website portal that I register to and was able to change some of the parameters, such as channel etc.

Thanks to anyone that can help
katcha
Ancient Member
WHT
Kudos: 5163
Solutions: 95

Re: Differences in Pico 2HP from diff distributors

Distros outside of the U.S. may charge several times the U.S. price for radios, mostly due to shipping to their location. The U.S versions do not support channel 12 or 13. I have no idea what parameters you needed to change.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
katcha

Thanks. In your experience can this Pico Station 2HP-US antenna can be
simply connected to my router using an ether cable to boost my wifi signal,
plus a power supply of course?
Established Member
MeWireless
Kudos: 460

Thanks. In your experience can this Pico Station 2HP-US antenna can be
simply connected to my router using an ether cable to boost my wifi signal,
plus a power supply of course?

No, it will not boost your signal, it will work as an AP is programmed properly to do so
Draw a picture of exactly what you're wanting to do. There is either a language barrier here or you don't understand this equipment. I suspect its a bit of both

Any opinions expressed are my own, and generally unpopular with others.

All rights reserved - but some wrongs are still available.
Ancient Member
WHT
Kudos: 5163
Solutions: 95

Thanks. In your experience can this Pico Station 2HP-US antenna can be simply connected to my router using an ether cable to boost my wifi signal, plus a power supply of course?
Other than the channel limitation, the U.S. version is ***identical*** to the international version.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....