Veteran Member
mhoppes
Kudos: 3454
Solutions: 49

Google Earth - Drawing Angles.

So I'm either retarded or Google Earth is.

I've spent numerous hours trying to figure out how to draw angels (e.g. sectoral coverage) in Google Earth... only to resort to having my wife hold a protractor up on the screen while I use the mouse to make three lines.

Is there really no way to make an 'angle' in Google Earth?
Sent via alt.hardware.wireless.ubnt reflector

On-Location airMax Training for Groups of 4 or more.
Send PM for more information.
Established Member
Bbobb
Kudos: 72

Re: Google Earth - Drawing Angles.

We use the ruler tool all the time to do that...... After you put in a vector save it, then do the others.....

We usually do Centre line and both fringes....

We also use RadioMobile so you can figure out the coverage and export the plot to KML and make an overlay for internal use anyway so we get the Heading and can measure the coverage fringe angles.....

FWIW we have also renovated the .ant files to normalize them to our real world results on the sector models we use.... This takes into account the impact of our local conditions on the azimuth/elevetion coverage so we get relatively conservative models. No one *****es if you say No or Maybe but they get downright twisted if you go out and can't do it!

Bob

Bob
rockhead
Kudos: 2145
Solutions: 16

Re: Google Earth - Drawing Angles.

I've spent numerous hours trying to figure out how to draw angels (e.g. sectoral coverage) in Google Earth... only to resort to having my wife hold a protractor up on the screen while I use the mouse to make three lines.

And when I change from map mode to satellite view I have to color in all the liquid paper on my screen :incazzato:

Seriously if you use the measuring tool to draw a line it will give you the azimuth which will help but is nowhere near as easy as could be.
Gnawing at the ankles of the telecom giants since 2008.