mrincredible
Kudos: 4

AirVision NVR - Changed IP Address

Can anyone spare me the misery of having to reinstall NVR and help out here - I moved my NVR to another network and now can't access it.

I suspect the login details is hashed along with a certain IP address. I'm using the same AirVision, but the NVR now has a new IP address. Problem is - I can't change the IP address in AirVision: It says: The login information you provided was not correct. Please check and try again.

However - there is only a "Hostname" and a "Port" field. AirVision marries itself to an NVR.

So - plan B works - confirming my hashing suspicion - I assigned the same IP on the new net and forwarded it to the old net, it works. But this is not a lasting solution.

Can someone with NVR on Linux/Ubuntu run this for me and paste the output please:

# mysql -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2216
Server version: 5.1.61-0ubuntu0.10.10.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> use nvr;
Reading table information for completion of table and column names
You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Database changed
mysql> select * from Users;
+----+----------+----------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+---------+--------+--------------+------------+
| Id | Username | Password | Language | Enabled | Stream | Events | Control | Monitors | Devices | System | MaxBandwidth | MonitorIds |
+----+----------+----------+----------+---------+--------+--------+---------+----------+---------+--------+--------------+------------+
| 1 | admin | | | 1 | View | Edit | Edit | Edit | Edit | Edit | | |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

I'm guessing I need the default password for an unclaimed NVR...

Unless someone else has figured this out...
SuperUser
mhoppes
Kudos: 4144
Solutions: 59

Re: AirVision NVR - Changed IP Address

Did you physically move the NVR? Or re-install it? If you moved it (and I have no idea how you'd do that) you are probably screwed.

The proper way to do it would have been either to unmanage it, then move it, then remanage it.

Or to just install it on the second machine, and then manage it.
mrincredible
Kudos: 4

Re: AirVision NVR - Changed IP Address

The proper way to do it would have been either to unmanage it, then move it, then remanage it

Or to just install it on the second machine, and then manage it.

That is indeed it.

/rant: Not sure where I was supposed to smell this - hopefully this is the last in the long line of surprises from AirVision - which has cost me countless hours and a lot of lost face. What a disaster, not sure if I should blame Google for convincing the world that "Beta" doesn't mean bad - or what. I'm pretty sure I know all I need to know about AirVision now, can't imagine what else can possibly come back to bite me. rant/ :icon_cry:

Did you physically move the NVR? Or re-install it? If you moved it (and I have no idea how you'd do that) you are probably screwed.

Physically moved. Not ready to dump the old footage.

NVR is running on a central network, AirVision at the client. Works like a charm - less bandwidth on the link to him.

Well, two things learnt so far:

• You can wipe the password from the Users table - it's completely irrelevant. (perhaps the whole table is?!)
  • NVR caches some hash from AirVision and doesn't allow any other AirVision to connect to it.