Emerging Member
selric
Kudos: 5

Anyone from UBNT in the forums anymore?

Seeems like the problem only exists when there is clients on the network at least my problem, the network has been up for 2 days now when there is a small amount of clients.

UBNT, do you want to help us with finding a solution with this issue?
Rickard
1o Consulting
www.1o.se
Emerging Member
bktx
Kudos: 4

Re: AP was Restarted

I disabled the built in hotspot & the SSID that was for guests. No crashes since... But I don't know if I have the same computers connecting this week.

Going to let it go for a week or so, then re-enable the hotspot again and see what happens.
Emerging Member
hjohnson
Kudos: 19
Solutions: 4

I disabled the built in hotspot & the SSID that was for guests. No crashes since... But I don't know if I have the same computers connecting this week.

Going to let it go for a week or so, then re-enable the hotspot again and see what happens.

Unfortunately, I have the hotspot/guest stuff completely disabled, and am still seeing this. I'm currently advertising 3 SSIDs, two using WPA-Enterprise, and the third WPA-PSK, and see regular reboots.

As I mentioned previously, though, it's limited to one batch of APs (The first 3 I deployed). The second batch of 3 is perfectly stable. The APs are in a small community, with a limited population so the same users are wandering/roaming between the affected APs and the ones that are unaffected.
Emerging Member
selric

I run WPA-Enterprise as well.
Rickard
1o Consulting
www.1o.se
suran
Kudos: 121
Solutions: 1

Hey UBNT - this is killing us! A little help?
Nathan Eisenberg
Network Operations
ejohnstone

I think setting his Windows 8 Machine to not manager wifi solved the problem. Try that.
suran
Kudos: 121
Solutions: 1

I think setting his Windows 8 Machine to not manager wifi solved the problem. Try that.

I don't have any control of the wireless clients.
Nathan Eisenberg
Network Operations
Emerging Member
hjohnson

While it's too early to be sure, but I'm wondering if we might have solved it. A day or two ago, we renamed our SSIDs from "Holden-Business" and "Holden-Staff" to just "Business" and "Staff". For whatever reason, the APs haven't rebooted since. I'm showing about 36 hours uptime on all three APs that were problematic.

It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Ortis

Hi guys!

I'm also seeing this in a single AP environment at my home. No noise from other wireless devices. Updated to 2.3.9 but it didn't help. AP is powered by Cisco ASA5505 builtin PoE with Ubiquiti 24v adapter between ASA and AP. The AP box sticker says "Test Date: 10/21/12".
Emerging Member
hjohnson

Ok... So 4 days in after the SSIDs were changed to shorter names, and the APs have been rock stable. They used to reboot every 10 to 12 hours at the longest, I now have 4 days of uptime on the most unstable unit. Nothing else int he configuration has changed, other than changing the broadcast SSIDs to "Staff" and "Business" (From "Holden-Staff" and Holden-Business" respectively). (Whistles the tune to the twilight zone)
As a side note, the controller's interface also seems to be suddenly more reliable. In the past, the statistics page was always a bit wonky, especially when graphing the number of clients on each SSID. Now, post SSID renaming, it's showing correctly.
Emerging Member
selric

I changed the channel on ours and after that they seems to be stable as well.
Rickard
1o Consulting
www.1o.se
RichieRich
Kudos: 90
Solutions: 6

Ok... So 4 days in after the SSIDs were changed to shorter names, and the APs have been rock stable. They used to reboot every 10 to 12 hours at the longest, I now have 4 days of uptime on the most unstable unit. Nothing else int he configuration has changed, other than changing the broadcast SSIDs to "Staff" and "Business" (From "Holden-Staff" and Holden-Business" respectively). (Whistles the tune to the twilight zone)
As a side note, the controller's interface also seems to be suddenly more reliable. In the past, the statistics page was always a bit wonky, especially when graphing the number of clients on each SSID. Now, post SSID renaming, it's showing correctly.

Could this be an issue with special characters in the SSID? I have not used any on any of the APs I have deployed and I have not run into this issue. Is anyone else who is having this problem using a special character in the SSID? I hjohnson's case it was just "-" other than normal characters. Surely this is not the issue.
Emerging Member
selric

Ours has started to reboot again, we got a SSID with a - but the strange thing is that only a couple of the APs are rebooting.

Is it possible for UBNT to take a look at this?

It's quite annoying to not get any response from UBNT at all, not even through email.

I know that i don't even pay for support, but some of these APs are not even 1 year.
Rickard
1o Consulting
www.1o.se
Emerging Member
hjohnson

Just an update, and things are still stable, and other than a couple of reboots due to power outages, the APs have been quite stable.

Very odd, but we now have 15 APs online and now that it has a real SSL certificate for dot1x, everyone's quite happy. :manhappy:
New Visitor
bradleydavis

Sorry to open this back up, but is anyone still experiencing this problem because I am and it is really starting to get on my nerves. I have tried isolating certain computers, however all 3 of my access points intermittently restart (randomly - not all together) and I have failed to find a reason nor a solution.

Anyone else have any advice? UBNT - it would be really nice to hear something done on your end.

Emerging Member
hjohnson

bradleydavis wrote:

Sorry to open this back up, but is anyone still experiencing this problem because I am and it is really starting to get on my nerves. I have tried isolating certain computers, however all 3 of my access points intermittently restart (randomly - not all together) and I have failed to find a reason nor a solution.

Anyone else have any advice? UBNT - it would be really nice to hear something done on your end.

Ever since we switched to the simple SSID names, the APs have all been stable.  I can't explain it; haven't changed firmware, etc...  only change was going to the short SSID names.

Occasional Visitor
infoh2g

We have the same issue

That's a shame that nobody from Ubiquiti seems to be interested in caring this issue :mansad: 

DEVAXTATOR
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 9

can you elaborate in simple names issue

i got this two ssid

S. Conrado <-wpa

S. Conrado Clientes <-guest

none of them qualifies as simple as they have a spaces and "." ap-pros rock stable 2 months..

Emerging Member
hjohnson

[ Edited ]

DEVAXTATOR wrote:

can you elaborate in simple names issue

i got this two ssid

S. Conrado <-wpa

S. Conrado Clientes <-guest

none of them qualifies as simple as they have a spaces and "." ap-pros rock stable 2 months..

We have two (well, 3 one is hidden) SSIDs: Originally, they were named "Holden-Staff" "Holden-Business" and "Backup" (Though "Backup" was hidden).  In this ase, the three older UAPs we had were rather unstable.  About a month later, the SSIDs were just changed to "Staff" and "Business" and the UAPs have been stable ever since.  We're still running 2.3.8, and the overall configuration hasn't changed either.

The Staff and Business SSIDs are also both running WPA-Enterprise, backing onto a Server 2k8 NPS RADIUS server.

DEVAXTATOR
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 9

my advice

do a backup of settings

uninstall 2.3.8

install 2.3.9

restore from backup

wait ..... test...

if not resolved... 

uninstall