Bananadon

Cannot connect to Unifi AP admin interface

I am trying to set up 3 box of unifi ap's. I want to extend my existing wifi network so, from what i have read i need to setup on ap to bridge my existing wifi and to do this i use a web browser to connect to the ap and then configure the bridge. as per www.4gon.co.uk/solutions/bridging_internet_connections_and_lan.php

however when i try to connec to 192.168.1.20 Via all major web browsers none can connect i dont even get the password box up. I am sure I am doing some thing wrong can anyone point me in the right direction?
Veteran Member
urmom
Kudos: 1862
Solutions: 29

Re: Cannot connect to Unifi AP admin interface

I am trying to set up 3 box of unifi ap's. I want to extend my existing wifi network so, from what i have read i need to setup on ap to bridge my existing wifi and to do this i use a web browser to connect to the ap and then configure the bridge. as per www.4gon.co.uk/solutions/bridging_internet_connections_and_lan.php

however when i try to connec to 192.168.1.20 Via all major web browsers none can connect i dont even get the password box up. I am sure I am doing some thing wrong can anyone point me in the right direction?

why aren't you using the controller software?
Not getting the answers you wanted? Check out this link --> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html -- I need a thumbs down button!
agsweeney
Kudos: 57
Solutions: 1

UniFi AP's do not have a web interface on them like the other UBNT gear and you must use the controller software to manage them.
Bananadon

Ok thank you for letting me know that is helpful I was just following the instruction I was given. This is something that someone else started to setup and couldn't. Now I see why.

Can these ap's do what i want. I have an existing wireless adsl router providing internet access to a premises. I want to extend the wireless coverage.

My impression is that i can plug one of these into the router configure it to bridge to the existing wireless network. then setup the other 2 for wireless uplinks. But i am having a problem finding information on this.

Sorry for all the questions I am brand new to this.