Change Unifi ip address

hai,

1) Can i change Unifi ip address?

2) My network ip is using 192.168.1.1 ~~ 192.168.1.200,
The 192.168.1.20 ip is using by on of the pc in the network,
will it effect my Unifi ? :icon_rolleyes:
Mastermind_IT

Re: Change Unifi ip address

Unifi gets a DHCP address, and as far as I can tell, no way to change to a static address. If that machine was on the network, and is under the DHCP start address (if static), you're in the clear. (normal start is .50-.100).
New Visitor
ranger667

I need to set ip manually as I am not using dhcp. Is this possible.

I would not want the ip to be within the dhcp range anyway as that makes it subject to change as dhcp addresses are dynamic not static. A power surge could change this address.

Has anyone been able to address this?

it_monkey
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 6

You can set the IP address in the UniFi controller.

What I like doing is setting a dhcp reservation for the UniFi devices. What are you using for your DHCP server? 

New Visitor
ranger667

I use static ips for the computers as I have remote access setup that way so there is no dhcp.

Therefore I need to set the ap to a static ip address and I cant figure out how to do it.

I assume that it would be pretty stratightforward but I have been searching for hours now, have contacted support but still nothing.

Established Member
R4V3R
Kudos: 511
Solutions: 126

[ Edited ]

ranger667 wrote:

I use static ips for the computers as I have remote access setup that way so there is no dhcp.

Therefore I need to set the ap to a static ip address and I cant figure out how to do it.

I assume that it would be pretty stratightforward but I have been searching for hours now, have contacted support but still nothing.

I will assume that your management network doesn't have a DHCP server, and that all your SSIDs are bound to VLANs that in turn have a correctly configured DHCP server, otherwise you wouldn't have any functioning SSIDs, of course.

So you will have to manually configure each AP, one by one, as you do not have a DHCP server on the management network. All APs will default to the adress 192.168.1.20, you have to power up them one by one, adopt them on the controller(wich has to have a network address in the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.1.0/24) then manually set each APs IP address its configuration tab/network/static IP. If you have lots of APs this is a rediculously boring task, and it would be alot easier to just setup a temporary DHCP server just to configure your APs, at least initially.

Redcon IT Solutions - Florianópolis/SC/Brazil
www.redcon.com.br

“Unfortunately in the world we live in, there are the few that truly create value and then there are the many that prey off the value creation of these few.” - Robert J. Pera
New Visitor
ranger667

Yes this is what I need to do .

Thank You