09-17-2011 09:18 AM
How to reset Unifi default password (ubnt/ubnt).
I don't remember my admin password :-(
Perform a hard reset of the device to default back to factory configuration settings. Press and hold the button for up to 15 seconds. Then go through the controller steps to adopt the UniFi to your network.
09-19-2011 01:04 PM
Restoring the backup will also make sure the APs get re-added to your controller.
09-23-2011 11:33 AM
Currently the controller's DB runs on 127.0.0.1 (i.e. only processes on the same machine can talk to it) without authentication. Thus you can find a mongo client and do
mongo --port 27117
# in mongo's command line, do
That being said, while I believe most of the installations have controller installed on a PC used by the admin only, it's important for you to know what our current design is.
A more strict model will be introduced in later releases.
04-14-2012 10:11 PM
install mongo explorer and connect to database.
The rest of the settings are just the defaults.
Under collections select "admin" then select what shows up under documents to display the username and password.
09-14-2013 11:04 AM
What is the database username and password used when connecting through MongoExplorer? This is the first time I have ever dealt with something like this, so please forgive me if it is a stupid question.
I have installed MongoExplorer, and when I click on the connect button, I fill in the IP of the AirOS device, set the port, change the database to ace, and click connect. It tells me the username and password is incorrect. I have tried ubnt/ubnt, and that doesn't work.
I am trying to reset AirOS on a few nanoStations (I think that is what they are). They are on 40+ foot mast antennas, and I really don't want to have to climb to get them down. They were installed a few years ago by a different IT person, and they didn't make any notes of what the login credientials are!
09-14-2013 01:45 PM
You don't have to enter a user ID and password in those fields.. Just click on 'OK', then click 'Admin' under collections and then click the item under 'Documents'. Your admin password will then be revealed.
09-14-2013 06:05 PM
09-14-2013 08:12 PM
My mistake for not reading your post fully. This is the UniFi forum and I assumed you were asking about determining the admin password for the UniFi controller. In your case, you are going to have to do a hard reset of those Nanostations. Once reset, the IP address will be 192.168.1.20 with a user ID and password of ubnt/ubnt.
09-15-2013 01:02 AM - edited 09-15-2013 01:03 AM
- Download MongoDB and install on a workstation (doesn't have to be the same one)
- Download MongoVue and install it on a convenient workstation
- Make sure the MongoDB server that is downloaded as part of the UniFi controller install is halted
- Copy the contents of the Ubiquiti UniFi\data\db directory to somewhere convenient for the new instance of MongoDB you have just installed
- Start the new MongoDB server engine
- Start MongoVue
- From within MongoVue add the ace db you have just copied as a data source
- Browse the ace db looking for the user name and password
- Finally, use a tool such as KeePass to securely store all your passwords and TANs and make sure the repository is backed up to the cloud and a usb stick