rekle@mchsi.com

Help with setting up PicoStation M2

I'm new to this forum. I just got a PicoStation M2. It's connected to my Linksys EA4200. The setup instructions in the manual that came with the device are neither clear nor extensive. I'm having lots of trouble just getting the device info plugged in properly so it will work.
What I'm hoping for this that the device will rebroadcast the signal from my router so I can pick it up on computers housed across the street.
Is that a clear, comprehensive outline on how to set up the PicoStation M2? I've looked on this website and have had no luck turning one up.
Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5682
Solutions: 125

Re: Help with setting up PicoStation M2

What you are thinking is called WDS repeating, which is not a standard protocol and may or may not work between different radio manufactures.
Look here, wiki.ubnt.com/AirOS_Wireless_Repeater_Configuration
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
rekle@mchsi.com

Then what the PicpStation for?

What you are thinking is called WDS repeating, which is not a standard protocol and may or may not work between different radio manufactures.

Look here, wiki.ubnt.com/AirOS_Wireless_Repeater_Configuration

I thought PicoStation was supposed to connect to my router & boost the signal so I could get a connection 100 feet across the street. If not that, what?
rekle@mchsi.com

192.168.1.20 won't display

Now I can't get do anything to change settings. The home page of the PicoStation won't display: Internet Explorer cannot display the web page. What now?
SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5682
Solutions: 125

Re: Help with setting up PicoStation M2

Just default the with reset button and follow the WiKi first time set up.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....