eldorado

Building a complete wireless system using SR71-A

Hello All,

I was looking through the ubnt website and I noticed the embedded radio systems. This radios peaked my interested especially noticing the 3x3 mimo capability.

If someone can explain to me how this class of wireless equipment works from end to end I would really apreciate it, this would include applications in which they are used for and how they are put together to form a complete high performance wireless node.

I may be feeling in the dark here but how do I achieve 300mbps throughput when the netwoprk port is only 100mbps.

If my questions seem a bit awkward it is because I am new to this wireless arena and i have a thrist for knowledge of how it works, I am generally impressed by the ubiquiti brand, which is why I am awake on my pc at 2.10AM make a post about EMBEDDED RADIOS!

:icon_lol:
KWAGGA
Kudos: 3

Re: Building a complete wireless system using SR71-A

Hi,
That is 300mbit Air Rate which equates to 150mbit full duplex.
300mbit is only achievable in a perfect envorinment running a 40MHZ channel.
The sweet spot is to run a 20mhz channel for +- 130mbit for a full duplex speed of 65-70mbit.
Also depends what you wish to do with the links? Is is a Point to Point link or a Point to Multipoint Link?
Kind Regards,
Arno
eldorado

Re: Building a complete wireless system using SR71-A

Hi,
That is 300mbit Air Rate which equates to 150mbit full duplex.
300mbit is only achievable in a perfect envorinment running a 40MHZ channel.
The sweet spot is to run a 20mhz channel for +- 130mbit for a full duplex speed of 65-70mbit.
Also depends what you wish to do with the links? Is is a Point to Point link or a Point to Multipoint Link?
Kind Regards,
Arno

Hello,

this is really for backhauling bandwidth between towers, right now I am using the Rocket M5 and perfomance is good, my question was what happens when i fill the amount of bandwidth a rocket can give me on a backhaul, do i connect more than 1? Can that work?