mister2quick

Replacement/Alternative external antenna for SR4C?

I'm currently in the field using the 4.9GHZ public safety band (842) and an SR4C to view the network. The little connection between the card and external antenna has separated and is no longer functional. Is there a replacement antenna or an alternative antenna that i can get regain functionality?

It appears that the antenna is designed NOT to withstand a lot of abuse and unfortunately it is one card for multiple users, so the antenna gets pretty banged up.

Thank you all for the help, and if there are any questions you have I will try my best to answer them.
SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5531
Solutions: 116

Re: Replacement/Alternative external antenna for SR4C?

Is the actual connector on the card broken, or most likely the connector on the antenna cable. I'd look at the user failure induced point to determine a solution. Is it several users using one card and several laptops, or several users using that one laptop? And so on....
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
mister2quick

Re: Replacement/Alternative external antenna for SR4C?

Is the actual connector on the card broken, or most likely the connector on the antenna cable. I'd look at the user failure induced point to determine a solution. Is it several users using one card and several laptops, or several users using that one laptop? And so on....

The card is okay from what i can tell. The little gold L bracket that plugs into the card for the antenna has seperated. I'd take a picture if you would like a better visual description.
It is currently 2 users on 2 seperate laptops and the antenna is constantly being plugged in, taken out because we are moving from location to location.
If you require any more information please don't hesitate to ask.