succeednet
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 1

SSH command line

I am looking for a list of usable commands from ssh command line. We are currently testing the Rocket and Nano M5's to see feasibility of replacing our current equipment and one of the key things is the ability to do alot of troubleshooting on links and connections from the command line of the AP and the CPE.

Is there a list already put together? Or is there someplace we can look to try to compile a list?
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford
Kudos: 11

Re: SSH command line

I am looking for a list of usable commands from ssh command line. We are currently testing the Rocket and Nano M5's to see feasibility of replacing our current equipment and one of the key things is the ability to do alot of troubleshooting on links and connections from the command line of the AP and the CPE.

Is there a list already put together? Or is there someplace we can look to try to compile a list?

Hello,

These are just standard Linux commands for wireless networking.

Thanks,

Mike
Emerging Member
Steve
Kudos: 6

Mike,
Could you throw us a bone here. Your devices are not standard wireless devices, and doing things like turning air,max on and off are not included in iwconfig.
Could you please provide us some specific commands for items such as:
Turn Airmax ON/OFF
Change channel size to 10MHz or 20 MHz or 20/40 MHz
Change country code (and list of codes including compliance mode)
Turning on/off ping watchdog
and a few other AirMax unique items.
thanks
Steve
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford

Mike,
Could you throw us a bone here. Your devices are not standard wireless devices, and doing things like turning air,max on and off are not included in iwconfig.

Could you please provide us some specific commands for items such as:

Turn Airmax ON/OFF

Change channel size to 10MHz or 20 MHz or 20/40 MHz

Change country code (and list of codes including compliance mode)

Turning on/off ping watchdog

and a few other AirMax unique items.

thanks

Steve

Hello,

Some of these things are not available in the command line.

Changing country code is a simple madwifi command, you cannot change airmax on/off through the command line, nor the ping watchdog.

We leave basic madwifi type commands only there, and everything else is changed via the config file.

Thanks,
Mike
New Visitor
jorgefilippo

Dear Mike

We are having problems with FM interference (in our Rockets and Nanos). ¿Can you please tell us the shell command to change the ethernet interface to 10Mb/s half duples, and other ethernet modes?

Thanks.
Emerging Member
freemam
Kudos: 2

Dear Mike

We are having problems with FM interference (in our Rockets and Nanos). ¿Can you please tell us the shell command to change the ethernet interface to 10Mb/s half duples, and other ethernet modes?

Thanks.

That version have you?
In never versions you can change it by GUI.
Emerging Member
Scott@Wisp-Router

We leave basic madwifi type commands only there, and everything else is changed via the config file.

Mike, is there any way to modify or upload a new config file from the command line?
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford

Mike, is there any way to modify or upload a new config file from the command line?

Hello,

Unfortunately not at this time.

Thanks,

Mike
Emerging Member
Scott@Wisp-Router

Feature request. :manhappy: Not critical by any means, but it definitely would be a nice option to have for the advanced users.
New Visitor
jorgefilippo

freemam
I belive that the Nano's firmware 3.5, is the newest. In the GUI, I still can´t find where to change the ethernet speed. Please, ¿can you help me?

Mike
If there is one, ¿can you please tell me the shell command to change the Nano's ethernet interface speed, for example to 10Mb half duplex?

Thanks!
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford

freemam
I belive that the Nano's firmware 3.5, is the newest. In the GUI, I still can´t find where to change the ethernet speed. Please, ¿can you help me?

Mike
If there is one, ¿can you please tell me the shell command to change the Nano's ethernet interface speed, for example to 10Mb half duplex?

Thanks!

Hello,

Ethernet speed changing is not available in our legacy 3.5 firmware devices. Only in the new V5.1 M series.

Thanks,

Mike