patdufo

rocket M2 locked out after soho setting?

I have used an nanostation 2 for a long time to bridge to my belkin n router with great success,but decided to try a 2.4 rocket m2 and sector antenna to increase speed and range(hopefully),have much better signal but couldnt access the internet so I tried soho router in desperation,well now I cant access the M2,tried the reset button many times but couldnt find info on how to do it properly,do I have to go up the tower to reset to factory?also how can I get the M2 to iether bridge with my router or repeat?any help would be greatly apreciated.
SuperUser
Bean_Planter
Kudos: 2450
Solutions: 174
Contributions: 10

Re: rocket M2 locked out after soho setting?

...well now I cant access the M2,tried the reset button many times but couldnt find info on how to do it properly,do I have to go up the tower to reset to factory?also how can I get the M2 to iether bridge with my router or repeat?any help would be greatly apreciated.

Hi @patdufo and welcome to the UBNT user forum!
Here are two strategies to access your "unresponsive" radio:
1. Connect to the Rocket M2 via Ethernet cable and use UBNT's discovery tool (found here: www.ubnt.com/download#app) It will tell you what its IP address is. Here is a video on the tool: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAM0HlSh73A
-if that doesn't work-
2. Restore the Rocket M2 to factory default. To do that, you need access either to the button on the radio itself or have a PoE with a button on it. Press-and-hold the button (gently...it will break if you press too hard) until the lights begin to flash, then release. Here is a video on that process: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-h48wELJtw
As for getting the M2 to do what you want (bridging and repeating are very specific terms in the networking world and I'm not certain if you are using them within the correct context), I can point you to a page of common configurations that is found in my "signature" text below.

Lastly, using a Rocket and sector is not a good idea. It "sprays" your RF across a very wide azimuth. You should be using a more directional antenna. A different radio called a NanoBridge M2 would have likely been a better choice.
Even so, I hope this has been helpful.
Cheers,
Gene
EDIT ADDED: Ubnt radios are not designed to "repeat" WiFi from non Ubnt radios. Sometimes it works...but more often than not, it does not.
NEW FORUM MEMBERS:
Seek knowledge. Press the [Knowledge Base] link at the top.
patdufo

Re: rocket M2 locked out after soho setting?

thanks,one quick question will I notice a difference(speed and range) between the nanostation 2 which I allready have 2 of and the nanostation M2?Ubiquiti makes so many reasonable priced products I wish there was a reference table that would maybee say if you want to so this use this equipment,and list from best to worst,any how thanks for the help.