ayax
Kudos: 1

HELP! How to configure rocket m2

HI yesterday arrives my new rocket m2, but i cant configure it, im stuck, frustrated, desperated, can some one please help me with setting up my rocket m2 in bridge mode and access point mode.

this is my local network.
192.168.1.x
192.168.1.254 default gateway and DNS

how can get associated in bridge mode? password? etc.

:icon_confused::icon_mad:

thanks to all can help me.
SuperUser
ptt
Kudos: 1175
Solutions: 215

Re: HELP! How to configure rocket m2

You can start here: wiki.ubnt.com/Main_Page

wiki.ubnt.com/AirMax_Products

wiki.ubnt.com/AirOS_5_Spanish

Puedes comenzar revisando la WiKi, y leyendo el manual del AirOS 5

Saludos
Muestra tu agradecimiento, a quienes te ayudaron, con un

Si el post de un compañero te ayudó a resolver el problema, márcalo/acéptalo como solución.
ayax

Hi ptt, thanks for answer

Thanks again, i read allready the tutorial in the link that you toll me, but there explain what role plays the buttons and options on the rocket, is not a guide line to get configure a certain device like a bridge or access point, i have to gess what kind of config will work on try and error mode :mansad: , is not good that the company sell products with out gidelines to configure one or other kind option on the rocket that you need.

There are 4 config option *station, station wds, AP, AP WDS* that have relationship with bridge, router, router soho. I can not get the right configuration, i cant see the rocket like router and access point wifi devices..

in the Wireless, i configure the rocket like access point only.
in Network, i configure the rocket like router,
and cant see on wifi detect. SSID

the ip address can not be a problem that i cant see the SSID, so i think in that config is the problem or other else?

thanks ppt, im :icon_sad: no info on internet to get a guideline. thanks
SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5775
Solutions: 128

Q. It's not good a company sells products without guide lines.
Of course they do. They clearly state for professional installers only. Any installer would know how to program the radios without instructions.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member
Full Power
Kudos: 75

...the ip address can not be a problem that i cant see the SSID, so i think in that config is the problem or other else?...

Turn off AirMax. It is on the first programming tab that looks like a bunch of pipes falling off a truck.
I spent most of my money on women and beer, and the rest I just wasted.
ayax

Solved problem

Thanks Full Power / WHT... i understand that the installer have to be the chain to get this kind of services and i know the companies know that, just i get desperate to make the device work.

The thing was de option button of DHCP, i change it from static to DHCP and inmediatly works, router to station transmit mode and thats it. :icon_razz:

Now i can go slow and read all the manual.

Thanks again.:ubnt_banana:
SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5775
Solutions: 128

Turn off AirMax. It is on the first programming tab that looks like a bunch of pipes falling off a truck.
I called it a bird splat.
Buy the pipe idea is a good one too.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Ubiquiti Employee
UBNT-Matt
Kudos: 2581
Solutions: 69
Contributions: 39

Here's a video walkthrough that may help:
youtu.be/40gRLL2B6Vs?hd=1
-Matt
Occasional Visitor
AwesomeAuto

The key to the AP config is changing the freq. to 20 mhz. Drove me nuts but simple fix ...thanks.

Frequent Visitor
duranopaul

Some super user or expert in this field has low tolerance with newbie. I have read and spent countless hours on research before posting questions. I am hopeful that this forum will open up to new comers. 

SuperUser
Bean_Planter
Kudos: 2406
Solutions: 174
Contributions: 10

Hello @duranopaul and welcome to the UBNT forum!

As of the date I'm replying, you have posted only two items in the forum.  Both were to threads that have been dormant for a very long time.  Pay attention to the date of the last post before adding to the thread and expecting people who were here 1, 2 or 3 years ago to still be engaged.

It is good that you do much research on your own.  Too many people come here without having done that.  Look at the [Knowledge Base] button at the top.  There, you will find set-up and configuration examples for the most commonly discussed installations.

Examples:

Configuring a Point-to-Point Layer-2 Link: http://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Configuration-Examples/airMAX-Configure-a-Point-to-Point-Link-La...

Configuring a Point-to-Multi-Point ISP-style System: http://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Configuration-Examples/airMAX-Configure-a-Point-to-Multipoint-Pt...

Configuring a long-distance Wi-Fi Client: http://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Configuration-Examples/airMAX-Configure-a-Long-range-WiFi-Client...

Configuring a Wi-Fi Access Point: http://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Configuration-Examples/airMAX-Configure-a-Wi-Fi-access-point-hot...

You may not know this, but the forum is not staffed by UBNT.  We are all just users like you.  We owe you nothing.  Still, we come here to help when we can.

We ask people to be polite, ask direct questions and be appreciative of the assistance that they receive.

Press [Kudos] as a "quick thanks" and [Accept as Solution] when your issue is either partially or fully addressed.  You *can* press [Accept as Solution] multiple times in the same thread.  It does *not* end a thread.  Marking specific replies with [Accept as Solution] will allow future thread readers to "jump forward" to the solution without having to read through an entire thread.

There you have it!  Again, welcome to the UBNT user-forum.  We look forward to helping and we look forward to you becoming familiar enough to help others in the future, too.

Cheers,
Gene

NEW FORUM MEMBERS:
Seek knowledge. Press the [Knowledge Base] link at the top.
scracha
Kudos: 77
Solutions: 10

duranopaul wrote:

Some super user or expert in this field has low tolerance with newbie. I have read and spent countless hours on research before posting questions. I am hopeful that this forum will open up to new comers. 

I'm no super user but FTLOG, can't some people search the forum (or youtube or google) before posting?  "wah wah wah...can you guys configure it for me because I can't be bothered spending a whole 2 minutes finding out myself".  No doubt another device that'll be set to "auto" channel.  Least it's not 5GHz.  End of rant.