SuperUser
WHT
Kudos: 5574
Solutions: 119

Invalid credentials.

Suddenly getting "Invalid credentials" when I try to connect to my Bullet M5 radios. Something changed in past two days. Units have not been rebooted, reprogrammed, or defaulted.

Default user name an password not working either.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
jcrites2008
Kudos: 8

Re: Invalid credentials.

Suddenly getting "Invalid credentials" when I try to connect to my Bullet M5 radios. Something changed in past two days. Units have not been rebooted, reprogrammed, or defaulted.

Are you using aircontrol? If it's happening to multiple devices that's the only thing I could think that would cause something like that. Or maybe a power surge. One time we had a storm and i had to go around and reconfigure 4 routers because the power kept going on and off at all their houses and it reset the config to default.
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford
Kudos: 11

Hey WHT,

Dont know what to say on this one, havent heard of this happening before. Tried all of your passwords?
SuperUser
WHT

Hey WHT,

Dont know what to say on this one, havent heard of this happening before. Tried all of your passwords?Yup...tried the default and the one I always have been using. Rather than play with the radios, I'll pull them out of service and stick new ones in. Then bring them into the shop.

WHT...Old Indian name for "If it can be broken, he'll find a way to break it"

Added...not likely a power surge, they both went like this within the same day and over twenty miles apart. Not using AirControl, just web GUI into them.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"

SuperUser
WHT

Here's a screen shot.

jcrites2008

Did you try it from a different computer? We've seen some things like that trying to log on to our website and it's usually messed up cookies.
Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford

Hey WHT<

Can you clear your browser cache by chance, reload the page, then enter in the credentials?

Thanks,

Mike
SuperUser
WHT

Yeah...already tied all that. Different computer with I.E., another computer with Unbuntu Firefox, different internet connection (I used McDonalds and a cable modem).

Added...and the two radios have never been viewd with AirControl

SuperUser
WHT

I drove over to the site and tried using several computers on the network that have never viewed the radios and got same invalid credentials. So that rules out anything browser and cache related.

jcrites2008

Have you done a hard reset yet? I'm curious as to what the deal is with this.
SuperUser
WHT

I don't want to do that yet, until I have some spare radios already programmed for immediate replacement.

900mhzdude
Kudos: 103

it sounds like you got hacked but all your customers are still working that is odd

if you telnet into the radio do you get the same error?
SuperUser
WHT

I don't want to do that yet, until I have some spare radios already programmed for immediate replacement.
I got to the radio last month. Couldn't log into it. Did a reset button default. Radio default ed back to its 192.168.1.20 IP address.

Tried to log in...same "Invalid credentials "error.

I looked real close at the Reset button and something made me think it it might have been one of those radio where the button was hitting the plastic. I broke the Reset button playing with it, and decided to just chunk teh radio and be done with it.

Mike....If you look at those radios I sent back to you last week, it might be labeled with "broken reset button", if not...its the only one that has a chewed up hole where the Reset button was.

Previous Employee
UBNT-Mike.Ford

I got to the radio last month. Couldn't log into it. Did a reset button default. Radio default ed back to its 192.168.1.20 IP address.

Tried to log in...same "Invalid credentials "error.

I looked real close at the Reset button and something made me think it it might have been one of those radio where the button was hitting the plastic. I broke the Reset button playing with it, and decided to just chunk teh radio and be done with it.

Mike....If you look at those radios I sent back to you last week, it might be labeled with "broken reset button", if not...its the only one that has a chewed up hole where the Reset button was.

Hey WHT,

Ill take a look at these today.

Thanks,
SuperUser
WHT

Ill take a look at these today.

Also, that Pico and Nano, I can't even TFTP into them. It happened right after I upgraded the FW .