Emerging Member
95yj
Kudos: 5

Locked EIRP Limit

I just hit our new stock of Nano M5s which have a date of 7/10/11. The Auto Adjust to EIRP Limit field is checked and grayed out. Downgrading AirOS versions doesn't change a thing so I have to figure this is locked in firmware. We don't operate in the US and have been using UK settings since this offers the most frequencies available and we are licensed to be on everything from 5.0 to 5.8 GHz. These radios are useless to us if they are locked to 11db output power as we have quite a few long links and we are allowed to operate at the higher output powers according to our license. The new Rockets we have are not locked yet, but I have to assume that these will be following soon.

Since we are allowed on these frequencies and are allowed to be running 27dBm, how can we get the functionality out of these that we used to have and are legal to be using?
walrus0
Kudos: 478

Re: Locked EIRP Limit

sounds like your distributor neglected to tell you they'd shipped you the US locked versions of the radios. this is a problem with miscommunication and has happened to many ubnt customers in central and south america as well.
If you have a particularly unique or challenging project, professional consulting services are available in central Asia, south Asia (AF, PK, IN, BD) and the Vancouver, BC area. Please contact me for more details.
Emerging Member
95yj

sounds like your distributor neglected to tell you they'd shipped you the US locked versions of the radios. this is a problem with miscommunication and has happened to many ubnt customers in central and south america as well.

I don't believe these are the US radios. The US radios are supposed to have the country code locked. I can change the country but I cannot change the EIRP limit button. Also, the label on the box does not state US. We spoke with our dealer before we placed the last order so we were clear with them on this.
Veteran Member
WisTech
Kudos: 695
Solutions: 20

Under advanced I believe it is, should be "Enable Installer EIRP Control" with a checkbox, if it's greyed out, you must be in compliance test. Select the appropriate country code for your local regulatory domain and you will then be able to adjust EIRP on the wireless page.
Tony Pierro
CTO at Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
www.wirelesstcp.net
overkill
Kudos: 2

96yj,

Can't you use the checkbox "Enable Installer EIRP Control" on the Advanced tab to activate (un-grey) the "Auto Adjust to EIRP Limit" control on the Wireless tab?
Emerging Member
95yj

Under advanced I believe it is, should be "Enable Installer EIRP Control" with a checkbox

That was it. That was a new one I hadn't seen on any of my previous radios. Thanks for the responses, Wistech and Overkill.
Veteran Member
Bean_Planter
Kudos: 2078
Solutions: 145
Contributions: 10

Consider sharing your gratitude by pressing the button on the messages that helped you. You will make their day.
Cheers,
Gene
NEW FORUM MEMBERS:
Setup Help: Select the [Knowledge Base] link above. Search on "setup" or "configure".
Emerging Member
95yj

Consider sharing your gratitude by pressing the button on the messages that helped you. You will make their day.

Cheers,
Gene

Too slow. Already did that after I replied. :manhappy:
Veteran Member
WisTech
Kudos: 695
Solutions: 20

You're very welcome. Thanks for the thumbs up! =) Any other questions, feel free to ask!
Tony Pierro
CTO at Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
www.wirelesstcp.net