isznogoudtd

problem pls help

Hello to all..
im glad to be here. so i brought from a guy a nanostation loco m2, i have try to reset it but when i press reset button for 30 or 40 or even 100 mins nothing happens. so i have try to connect to station and ask me username and passw and the guy tells me that cant remember it. i have try ubnt ubnt and nothing.... pls can anyone help me how to reset that device to factory? PLS :manhappy:
Ancient Member
WHT
Kudos: 5165
Solutions: 94

Re: problem pls help

Press the reset button in for 20 seconds, release it, power off the radio for 30 seconds and try again. It should reset to ubnt/ubnt.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
isznogoudtd

nothing my friend i have do it..... anything else that can help me?
thewisperer
Kudos: 27

if that not work its nogoud Send it back
isznogoudtd

cant find the guy from where i brought :mantongue: ahaha
i think he has disable the reset from the airos .... what else we can do to reset it?
i have open it and find some jumpers inside.... but can understand what they do
0ldman
Kudos: 30

Ubiquiti has a different POE adapter with a reset button that should do the trick.
www.streakwave.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=POE-24
Sounds like someone unloaded their problem on to you.
isznogoudtd

but let me ask you something.... if i buy that poe, you tell me that has reset in poe im right? it works like the reset on device? if yes, will not work on me because as i know if is disable the reset from the software is useless to try with the poe reset
Ancient Member
WHT

I might be completly misremembering this. I has a radio with PoE reset disabled and even the rest button was disabled.
WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"

0ldman
Kudos: 30

That makes sense.
Do you have to reset to boot from TFTP?
Veteran Member
Josh_SPITwSPOTS
Kudos: 4798
Solutions: 111

That makes sense.

Do you have to reset to boot from TFTP?

That is a damn good question, lol.
Josh Reynolds :: Chief Information Officer :: www.spitwspots.com
Ubiquiti Carrier Wireless Admin, Trainer
Ancient Member
WHT

I've slept since then. I think I got into it with TFTP.

Emerging Member
boriquajake
Kudos: 9

Hello to all..
im glad to be here. so i brought from a guy a nanostation loco m2, i have try to reset it but when i press reset button for 30 or 40 or even 100 mins nothing happens. so i have try to connect to station and ask me username and passw and the guy tells me that cant remember it. i have try ubnt ubnt and nothing.... pls can anyone help me how to reset that device to factory? PLS :manhappy:

This might be simpler problem that we think. I know that when I first started messing with UBNT radios I had a hard time getting the damn reset button to work. The button doesn't have a very solid feel to it and sometimes it's hard to be sure the pin/wire you use to press it hasn't slipped off. I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question, I know it's sort of like when the tech support guy asks you if your computer is plugged in when you tell him it wont work. :icon_mrgreen:

That being said, my understanding is that drops in available voltage can cause the radios to reset to factory defaults regardless of whether or not the reset button has been disabled. Does anybody know if there is a way to mess with the power to force a reset?
I don't know enough about anything to have credibility on this forum so no matter how awesome something I say might sound, don't hit the like button, I beg you!:icon_redface:
Veteran Member
Josh_SPITwSPOTS

This might be simpler problem that we think. I know that when I first started messing with UBNT radios I had a hard time getting the damn reset button to work. The button doesn't have a very solid feel to it and sometimes it's hard to be sure the pin/wire you use to press it hasn't slipped off. I'm sorry for asking such a stupid question, I know it's sort of like when the tech support guy asks you if your computer is plugged in when you tell him it wont work. :icon_mrgreen:

That being said, my understanding is that drops in available voltage can cause the radios to reset to factory defaults regardless of whether or not the reset button has been disabled. Does anybody know if there is a way to mess with the power to force a reset?

There is a pin cross that will trigger a reset. I can't remember which ones though, search the forum.
Ancient Member
WHT

work. The button doesn't have a very solid feel to it and sometimes it's hard to be sure the pin/wire you use to press it hasn't slipped off.

What I tell techs to do is trim a nylon wire tie (I don't want them jamming a screwdriver or paperclip onto the plastic button) and bounce it a few times to get a feel for the button. This takes two hands to hold it steady. bouncing the button will freak out the radio, but then you're going to default it anyway. When you let go of the button, you should feel it bounce back. Then power off the radio for 30 seconds.

If power drop outs reset a radio, it's an unusual occurrence that likely isn't repeatable or reliable.

Veteran Member
Josh_SPITwSPOTS

What I tell techs to do is trim a nylon wire tie

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

I didn't think you used wire ties Captain Velcro? :icon_mrgreen:
Ancient Member
WHT

How do you think I clean out my ears.

Established Member
TechnoKiwi
Kudos: 114
Solutions: 4

Have you tried to put it into recovery mode?
Download the latest firmware for it. Hold down the button while plugging in the POE cable or power for about 10 seconds till the lights start to blink?
If you can do this, reinstall it
Why doesn't Ubiquiti make the button wider and bigger?
It should cover the whole hole, pushing anything in there should do it.

I was thinking last time I was using a pen, end of a sharp knife, pin etc that I need to make something specially for this for future, as mentioned its a pain and you slip off it lots... especially when you are trying to wiggle in the power or poe cable, or even see if the lights start to blink...
Design flaw :icon_redface:
INTERNATIONAL Wi-Fi Hotspot Provider www.maiwifi.com
Using only the best firmware ~ airOS with our hotspot tab
DOWNLOAD FREE Firmware & install on any airMAX radio
Emerging Member
boriquajake

There is a pin cross that will trigger a reset. I can't remember which ones though, search the forum.

I want to be a grown up and find my own solutions, but my search fu must be very weak because I can't find anything about that. It would really be good to know. :icon_cry:
I don't know enough about anything to have credibility on this forum so no matter how awesome something I say might sound, don't hit the like button, I beg you!:icon_redface:
Veteran Member
Bean_Planter
Kudos: 2078
Solutions: 145
Contributions: 10

dren.dk/mreset.html
Cheers,
Gene
NEW FORUM MEMBERS:
Setup Help: Select the [Knowledge Base] link above. Search on "setup" or "configure".
Emerging Member
boriquajake

dren.dk/mreset.html

Cheers,
Gene

Gene, thanks for tracking down that info, man. I appreciate it.