Highlighted
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 3

Unable to access support article

I am attempting to access a URL on the support site that contains instructions for Upgrading a Unifi Controller running on Debian/Ubuntu - the url I am using (and have successfully accessed in the past) is no longer is working.

This is the URL: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/220066768-UniFi-How-to-Install-Update-via-APT-on-Debian-or-U...

I'm prompted to authenticate/login, which I do successfully, but then get the error:

oops

You're not authorized to access this page

For what it's worth I've tried clearing my cache/cookies, incognito browsing, and even tried using Chrome on my Android phone and I get the same error. The support chat rep couldn't reproduce it on her end. I am logging in via Charter Spectrum from the Northeastern US, and know about the Level 3 issues yesterday, so I have no idea if this is bizarrely related but thought I'd mention it.

(She kindly provided me with a PDF of the support article in the meantime)

Re: Unable to access support article

Hi There,

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem? I am experiencing it too? I've noticed nobody has responded to your post so i'm guessing no resolution was found?

Cheers,

Ian

Kudos: 2
Solutions: 3

At some point the link just started working for me again, even without requiring me to sign-in. I just checked a few minutes ago and it still works.

Before that happened, however, someone at Unifi was kind enough to send me a copy of the support article as a file (I wound up contacting support directly).

Hi support

Sorry to admit but when I log into support articles

This is the URL: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205223340-EdgeMAX-Ad-blocking-content-filtering-using-EdgeRo...

I'm prompted to authenticate/login, which I do successfully, but then get the error:

oops

You're not authorized to access this page

Kim

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 308
Solutions: 18

Hi guys! Seeing this super late in the game, sorry! But yes, those requests for log in, or that pretty annoying "ooops!" message occur when we unpublish an article. And that will happen when we're updating it, or when it's so outdated we redirect it to a new one that has better info. I manage all the help center articles, so when this happens please tag me and I'll see what's going on. It might be that I made a mistake with the redirect and need to correct it, or that one of our engineers is updating an article so has it in draft (and this should be a very short period of time, an hour at the most). 

If I could get the link of the ones still displaying this error I can see what's going on, and fix it or at the very least tell you why it's not available to the public anymore. Thanks for reporting! And please tag me freely on any help center article subject, I'm terrible at spotting these otherwise. Smiley LOL

/Alex

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Help Center & Translation Projects

If you haven't read our User Guides, you haven't lived yet. Find the UniFi Controller User Guide and other product user guides on our Downloads page!