Highlighted

Network Planning Stage, existing WISP any issue ?

Hi Everyone, 

I am in discussions with an isp and want to invest and both of us our interested in fixed wireless solutions. If you can help me out for some point can be a great help.

1: We need to connect 100,000 users what kind of bandwidth are we talking considering 20k users are on 50mbps plan.

2: What kind of network should i look forward to if i consider airfiber & airmax products.

3: what all products will help me out to support 150,000 - 400,000 customers.

Please not the other person is already a local isp and serving 350,000 users.  with plan upto 50mbps.

SuperUser
Kudos: 10623
Solutions: 653
Contributions: 1

Re: Network Planning Stage, existing WISP any issue ?

@ankitb wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

I am in discussions with an isp and want to invest and both of us our interested in fixed wireless solutions. If you can help me out for some point can be a great help.

1: We need to connect 100,000 users what kind of bandwidth are we talking considering 20k users are on 50mbps plan.

2: What kind of network should i look forward to if i consider airfiber & airmax products.

3: what all products will help me out to support 150,000 - 400,000 customers.

Please not the other person is already a local isp and serving 350,000 users.  with plan upto 50mbps.

That is a huge wireless system by any measure.   I'm currently working with people on systems that large, but this is a huge undertaking and very complex, especially if you are integrating an existing ISP into it.   I would strongly reccomend finding a consultant to help you with this - you're looking at spending $Millions to build something that size...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)

Investment is a decision made by my company financial partners as we are looking to serve in our city which has got a radius of 21 miles i am struggling to understand what or how many products do we need to serve 100,000 customers.
Kudos: 101
Solutions: 13

[ Edited ]

You should heed the advice given. On a forum of this kind it is not possible to take account of the complexity of implementing a system on this scale. For example, it will require perhaps 4,000 access points. How are you going to manage spectrum and well as network design in a relatively compact area? How are you going to design links to backhaul with reasonable levels of resilience? Since nothing on this scale leaps fully into life, what is your expansion plan?

You are contemplating a hardware investment running into the high tens of million dollars. If your knowledge and experience are limited, as seems to be the case, it is foolish to do this without hiring someone who can provide the necessary expertise. Does your partner really have the capacity to handle something on this scale? 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1701
Solutions: 263

This is not something we can solve with you in a forum post. Get an experienced consultant if you are looking to spend this amount of money.