Emerging Member
Kudos: 1

UBNT partners

Is there no sort of partner program or reseller program for UBNT?  It does not appear they sell through any sort of channel since direct end users can purchase their products online.  I emailed their sales team via their website weeks ago and have never recieved a reply.

Established Member
Kudos: 604
Solutions: 45

Re: UBNT partners

[ Edited ]

UBNT ----> Distributors -----> Resellers ------> End-users.

UBNT only "partners" with distributors. If you are wanting to be a reseller contact your nearest distributor. No end-user can buy directly from UBNT except maybe for the Airfiber units to my knowledge. 

http://www.ubnt.com/purchase

"All things are possible but not everything is probable."
Emerging Member
Kudos: 1

Only problem is anyone can go to streakwave and buy the equipment.  Which means no margin on equipment.  The products look great.  Just wish they would sell through some sort of channel, and wish sales would respond to emails. 

SuperUser
Kudos: 10696
Solutions: 658
Contributions: 1

CrashDodson wrote:

Only problem is anyone can go to streakwave and buy the equipment.  Which means no margin on equipment.  The products look great.  Just wish they would sell through some sort of channel, and wish sales would respond to emails. 

What you're seeing may look unusual, but it's part of their strategy for keeping costs down by only selling in very large volume from the factory.   If you need to buy entire shipping containers of radios, I'm sure UBNT would love to talk with you directly...Biggrin5

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
SuperUser
Kudos: 2010
Solutions: 28

[ Edited ]

I support the exisitng model, why should anyone have to deal with 3-4 markups before I buy?  Infact if this were to change I would rethink my design. The days of easy money are long gone Man Happy

UBRSS, UBWA, UEWA - Ubiquiti Certified Trainer
Established Member
Kudos: 604
Solutions: 45

Reply to the comment about Streakwave. Yes, anyone can go there and buy, but Streakwave has different prices depending on if you are a regular end-user or a repeat buyer which resells. They keep the markup of the equipment intact so other resellers do not loose that much profit. I mean they also make more money too, so why should they sell to one time buyers with reseller prices? It would hurt them in the long run selling to one timers that way. If you are wanting to be a reseller with Streakwave, talk with them, order monthly, and resell with the mark up you want but don't expect big discounts if you order a couple of units a year. Just pay the little bit extra and be thankful it is not as high as what some sell UBNT products for.  

"All things are possible but not everything is probable."
Established Member
Kudos: 616
Solutions: 19

"Only selling in very large volume"....that requires hardware to be in stock! ;-)

Ancient Member
Kudos: 5960
Solutions: 128

bcdouglas wrote:

that requires hardware to be in stock! ;-)

And *THAT* requires a decent supply chain.

WHT = Short Form Acronym for "You couldn't handle me even if I came with instructions!"
Well engineered projects are indistinguishable from crazy ideas.

Speed, distance, reliability, cost...Pick three.
...World's First Ubiquiti AirMax WISP....
Established Member
Kudos: 635
Solutions: 20

I enquired about becoming a distributor or bulk ordering direct from ubnt.

To do so required an order of at least $700,000 USD

For best results apply Acceleration to your Elevation

We are a reseller of Ubiquiti and buy direct from the approved distributors. Have been doing so since the begining of 2018. We found out that theses items move quick and hit many inventory issues with distributors. Our sales volum is so high we reached out to Ubiquiti directly to try to buy direct. I dont think the $700K threshold you talked about is still valid. Now, in order to buy direct you must do $1.5M/month in sales. 

Almost there!

TWAcomm

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1774
Solutions: 274

This thread is 5 years old.