Highlighted

Ubiquiti in Ecuador: Five vendors, no hardware

Hi, not being a spanish speaker I'm trying to verify if Ubiquiti hardware is rare in Ecuador, or if my coworker in country is not looking at the right vendors.  She says she's talked to all five vendors listed on the Ubiquiti website at https://www.ubnt.com/distributors/ but can only acquire a few of the devices from my short list. 

I'm told the only way we can get everything on the list is to import at much cost and time (60-90 days).   I'm having a hard time believing the 5 vendors listed on the Ubiquiti website for Ecuador don't have a 10 cameras, 10 AP's, a switch, USG and cloud key.  

The vendors my coworker is talking to are recommending Cisco which I don't want to get into.  I just installed my first Unifi system in our head office in North America and want to stay within the same hardware ecosystem.  So frustrating.  Next time perhaps I should treat the vendor list on the Ubiquiti website as a "possible" place to buy "some" hardware. 

Any ideas how I can procure Unifi gear in Ecuador?   

Thanks!

SuperUser
Kudos: 10501
Solutions: 641
Contributions: 1

Re: Ubiquiti in Ecuador: Five vendors, no hardware

_rnb_ wrote:

Hi, not being a spanish speaker I'm trying to verify if Ubiquiti hardware is rare in Ecuador, or if my coworker in country is not looking at the right vendors.  She says she's talked to all five vendors listed on the Ubiquiti website at https://www.ubnt.com/distributors/ but can only acquire a few of the devices from my short list. 

I'm told the only way we can get everything on the list is to import at much cost and time (60-90 days).   I'm having a hard time believing the 5 vendors listed on the Ubiquiti website for Ecuador don't have a 10 cameras, 10 AP's, a switch, USG and cloud key.  

The vendors my coworker is talking to are recommending Cisco which I don't want to get into.  I just installed my first Unifi system in our head office in North America and want to stay within the same hardware ecosystem.  So frustrating.  Next time perhaps I should treat the vendor list on the Ubiquiti website as a "possible" place to buy "some" hardware. 

Any ideas how I can procure Unifi gear in Ecuador?   

Thanks!

@UBNT-Ben   any thoughts here?

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)

Yes please any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 910
Solutions: 38

Please email the sales team - sales@ubnt.com and we can get you in touch with partner with stock.  Please also include what items you are looking for.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Moore
Ubiquiti Networks