A Message To Our Community

by Ubiquiti Employee on ‎05-02-2017 10:51 AM

To Our Valued Community,

It’s been a rough few days here on the community and we’d like to discuss what’s been going on.

The UBNT Community has grown and developed well beyond our wildest dreams. We love seeing the constant stream of new users joining each day to share and collaborate together. It’s humbling and deeply rewarding to interact daily with such fine folks.

Unfortunately these community experiences have become hampered by slow page loads and general site lag. We want to change that.

Over the past few months, we’ve been internally testing a new forum platform with much improved performance and scalability. We felt like this product would be able to bring us forward and provide a long term solution for our community. Unfortunately, we were limited in our ability to properly test the load and complexity of the existing community as our data export capabilities were restricted. We decided to upgrade with the hopes that our issues would be minimal and quickly resolved. As you all know, that was not the case.

The upgrade proved more difficult than expected. We worked around the clock with the forum vendor trying to correct errors, but unfortunately more work was needed than we felt our timing allowed. So yesterday we returned to our original forum instance.

We regret the confusion and frustration you’ve all felt over the past few days. We understand that we must be better at testing these changes and communicating our plans to this group.

Moving forward, here is the plan:

• We will remain on our existing forum platform for the time being.
  • We are hopeful that we can import all posts made in the upgraded community, but we don’t have the timing on that yet.
  • We still intend to migrate to a new forum platform at a later date.
  • Regular communication will be shared with the community regarding our upgrade plans, including our testing results, known issues, fall-back plans and risks.

We’ve created a new community email address to report any issues that you might be experiencing: community@ubnt.com.

Thanks for your understanding. We appreciate all of you that help make our products better each day.

Thanks,

Chris Anderson

Support Manager

FAQ

• My posts / PMs are missing.
    • We are hopeful that we can import all posts and PMs created during the upgrade, but we don’t have the timing on that yet. If you wish, you can repost, and help us on our duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.

• Should I repost messages made while the new community was available?
    • Feel free to do so. But take in account that the original posts might re-appear since the platform providers are currently working on completing the migration. You can help us with any duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.

Comments
by
on ‎05-02-2017 09:32 PM

Thanks for the update. I have done data migrations in a large company before. When you have a scale of millions or even hundreds of millions, simple tasks could be become really complicated. Must plan well ahead and multiple dry-runs will help too. 

by
on ‎05-02-2017 11:23 PM

Thanks i know this stuff is hard from experience, we all appreciate your efforts and the amoun of open communincation - please don't beat yoursleves up too much, no ones going to die if forums are unavailable for a time.  (and if someone hear disagrees with that well go buy the top notch top tier support contract).

Thanks for running a great community and thinking about your customers!

by
on ‎05-03-2017 12:38 AM

From the perspective of someone who's never deployed a forum at this scale, you guys made a great choice with NodeBB. It offers a great user experience and performance, is extensible, under active development, and doesn't need a mobile app. I hope you can make it work.

by Ubiquiti Employee
‎05-08-2017 12:42 PM - edited ‎05-08-2017 01:04 PM

Group - the process to import data made shortly after the upgrade has taken longer than we had orginally hoped. At this point, we've made the decision to move forward without trying to migrate back this data. This data is now weeks old and would very likely be disruptive to the flow and order of the existing content - and based on feedback most folks have already moved forward and reposted as necessary.

So, if you posted any new threads or comments shortly after the upgrade, please recreate your messages. If you need help with recovering a post made at that time, please email community@ubnt.com and we can help retrieve your content.

We appreciate your understanding and again apologize for any frustrations that this has caused.

by
on ‎05-12-2017 07:03 AM

Hve you considered Xenforo?  Some of the largest sites on the entire web run it.  

by
on ‎05-17-2017 04:53 AM

The problem I'm having is the replies to my post (both from another user and my own) are missing, not the post itself:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX/VPN-Internal-Route-Not-Working-Determining-Packet-Destination/...

I could add back my own reply (I have it saved), which is the important piece, but the Reply button is disabled and I can't edit the original post, so it's basically incomplete and maybe nobody else can reply either?

by
on ‎10-17-2017 11:16 AM

It’s ridiculous that it is so difficult to find Amplifi info!  Why isn’t there a dedicated forum section?  Where are the release notes for firmware updates?

by
on ‎10-17-2017 11:25 AM

@tacain There is, see: https://community.amplifi.com and https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/231456348

It's not very active, but that's to be expected for a new product. Maybe try looking at the amplifi website next time you're having trouble finding information? There's a clear "Community" button at the top right of the main amplifi.com page. There's also a link to the support site from the drop-down menu right next to that button.

by
on ‎08-06-2018 01:49 AM

i have a problem in configuration of unifi AP through unifi 48 port switch 

the problem after configuring the switch and configuring 1 AP through the switch controller page and the status being connected .after that i had been configured 2 AP with the same previous steps but when i tried to connect to one of them wireless through the mobile phone the wireless ssid network not appeared for the both AP so kindly check this issue and feed me back fast please with many thanks 

@UBNT-ChrisAnderson wrote:

To Our Valued Community,

It’s been a rough few days here on the community and we’d like to discuss what’s been going on.

The UBNT Community has grown and developed well beyond our wildest dreams. We love seeing the constant stream of new users joining each day to share and collaborate together. It’s humbling and deeply rewarding to interact daily with such fine folks.

Unfortunately these community experiences have become hampered by slow page loads and general site lag. We want to change that.

Over the past few months, we’ve been internally testing a new forum platform with much improved performance and scalability. We felt like this product would be able to bring us forward and provide a long term solution for our community. Unfortunately, we were limited in our ability to properly test the load and complexity of the existing community as our data export capabilities were restricted. We decided to upgrade with the hopes that our issues would be minimal and quickly resolved. As you all know, that was not the case.

The upgrade proved more difficult than expected. We worked around the clock with the forum vendor trying to correct errors, but unfortunately more work was needed than we felt our timing allowed. So yesterday we returned to our original forum instance.

We regret the confusion and frustration you’ve all felt over the past few days. We understand that we must be better at testing these changes and communicating our plans to this group.

Moving forward, here is the plan:

• We will remain on our existing forum platform for the time being.
  • We are hopeful that we can import all posts made in the upgraded community, but we don’t have the timing on that yet.
  • We still intend to migrate to a new forum platform at a later date.
  • Regular communication will be shared with the community regarding our upgrade plans, including our testing results, known issues, fall-back plans and risks.

We’ve created a new community email address to report any issues that you might be experiencing: community@ubnt.com.

Thanks for your understanding. We appreciate all of you that help make our products better each day.

Thanks,

Chris Anderson

Support Manager

FAQ

• My posts / PMs are missing.
    • We are hopeful that we can import all posts and PMs created during the upgrade, but we don’t have the timing on that yet. If you wish, you can repost, and help us on our duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.

• Should I repost messages made while the new community was available?
    • Feel free to do so. But take in account that the original posts might re-appear since the platform providers are currently working on completing the migration. You can help us with any duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.