Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Community Site Upgrade

by Ubiquiti Employee on ‎04-21-2017 09:38 AM - last edited a month ago

What:  The UBNT Community will be upgraded to a new forum technology platform.

When: 5pm PDT on April 25th. Estimated upgrade duration is 17 hours. 

Impact: During the upgrade the community site will be set to read-only status. All site content will remain accessible throughout the upgrade.

Why: Our community growth and usage has outpaced our current forum technology resulting in slow load times and unstable performance. This upgrade will dramatically improve the site speed, stability, usability and overall performance of our community. We are really excited for this change.

We will update this post once the upgrade has been completed. We appreciate your patience and we value your membership in our community. We look forward to delivering a much better experience once this upgrade has been completed.

Thanks,

Chris Anderson
Support Manager

EDIT: The upgrade team has revised the schedule and estimated duration. Original plan was to upgrade on 4/26 at 12pm MDT and to last 12 hours. Post above has been revised to reflect current plan. 

Comments
by
on ‎04-21-2017 09:54 AM
God Speed!
by
on ‎04-21-2017 03:53 PM

Best of luck and looking forward to snappier page loads!

by
on ‎04-22-2017 03:58 PM

What software is the new forum using?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎04-22-2017 04:30 PM

@keefe007 nodebb

by
on ‎04-22-2017 04:47 PM

Awesome. Looking forward to this.

by
on ‎04-22-2017 08:16 PM

Great piece of kit!  And very reputation driven.  Let the badge landrush games begin!

Queing "I lost my superuser badge" topic in 5 4 3

by
a month ago
Does this mean we will get Tapatalk support now?
by Ubiquiti Employee
a month ago

@jrdnlc that's highly unlikely. Tapatalk has an awful security track record, and it has access to everything on your site. nodebb has a responsive UI, which should cover people's desire for mobile/tablet friendliness. 

by
a month ago

Will the new platform support webhooks?

Would be great to integrate into the Discord channel for automatic feeds

If you haven't checked it out yet here's the link

https://discordapp.com/invite/4eugGBz

by
a month ago
by Ubiquiti Employee
4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, 

The NodeBB team is working dilligently to ensure all our content is in the right place and migrated correctly. 

Unfotruntatly big migrations like this are slow and the Lithium Team who is our current provider did everything in their power to make it as unpleasent as possible. 

We are in the final phases of this and appriceate your understanding. We believe this will be a good move for the whole community and make it a more productive place to share ideas and work with the Ubnt team. 

The Forum will remain in Read Only until the migration is complete to ensure no data is lost. 

by
3 weeks ago

add me to the list for new forum testing 

by
3 weeks ago

Any update on the migration? It seemd to goto the new forum then back to the old again

by Ubiquiti Employee
3 weeks ago

Hi @snet2Here is an entry about our current situation, posted earlier today. Yes, we are back on the old one until some issues are fixed. I'm really sorry about the mess yesterday.

by
2 weeks ago

I'm still getting this splash at the top of the website, is it still relevant ?