To Our Valued Community,
It’s been a rough few days here on the community and we’d like to discuss what’s been going on.
The UBNT Community has grown and developed well beyond our wildest dreams. We love seeing the constant stream of new users joining each day to share and collaborate together. It’s humbling and deeply rewarding to interact daily with such fine folks.
Unfortunately these community experiences have become hampered by slow page loads and general site lag. We want to change that.
Over the past few months, we’ve been internally testing a new forum platform with much improved performance and scalability. We felt like this product would be able to bring us forward and provide a long term solution for our community. Unfortunately, we were limited in our ability to properly test the load and complexity of the existing community as our data export capabilities were restricted. We decided to upgrade with the hopes that our issues would be minimal and quickly resolved. As you all know, that was not the case.
The upgrade proved more difficult than expected. We worked around the clock with the forum vendor trying to correct errors, but unfortunately more work was needed than we felt our timing allowed. So yesterday we returned to our original forum instance.
We regret the confusion and frustration you’ve all felt over the past few days. We understand that we must be better at testing these changes and communicating our plans to this group.
Moving forward, here is the plan:
- We will remain on our existing forum platform for the time being.
- We are hopeful that we can import all posts made in the upgraded community, but we don’t have the timing on that yet.
- We still intend to migrate to a new forum platform at a later date.
- Regular communication will be shared with the community regarding our upgrade plans, including our testing results, known issues, fall-back plans and risks.
We’ve created a new community email address to report any issues that you might be experiencing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your understanding. We appreciate all of you that help make our products better each day.
- My posts / PMs are missing.
- We are hopeful that we can import all posts and PMs created during the upgrade, but we don’t have the timing on that yet. If you wish, you can repost, and help us on our duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.
- Should I repost messages made while the new community was available?
- Feel free to do so. But take in account that the original posts might re-appear since the platform providers are currently working on completing the migration. You can help us with any duplicate clean-up later by adding the word “DUPLICATE” in your subject.
We've added some new functionality to the UBNT Community. You've been able to tag friends and other members using the @ symbol before their names. Now you can tag products using the # symbol. This allows you to share products with other members in your discussions.Read more...
We're off to a great start in 2015 and we hope you had a happy new year! We’d like to catch you up with everything we’ve been working on including recent webinars, announcements, and our community recognition for 2014. Without further ado...Read more...
The UBNT Community is growing. A lot. During the prior month of July, we saw 3,753 new registered users on the forum, and 20,492 posts across 2,595 topics. Without further ado, let's jump into leaderboards and news!Read more...
July is upon us and we have some exciting updates to share with you. If you've been online lately (and we know you have), you've probably noticed our official website redesign and new product announcements. Additionally, Ubiquiti is now offering a new (UBNT) certification course and introducing our Community “SuperUser” distinction.
We're excited to share these milestones with you, so without further ado...Read more...
With the first quarter of 2014 coming to a close, we wanted to check in and provide everyone with a new Community Update! With Ubiquiti’s momentum at full speed ahead, we felt it necessary to take a moment and catch you up on what’s new including the Ubiquiti World Network (UWN) launch, the latest Stories and Community statistics, and a few other Ubiquiti updates.
Additionally, we’d like to formally announce the anticipated Ubiquiti Community SuperUser program. Think you have what it takes to be a Ubiquiti SuperUser? Keep reading for more details!Read more...
We’ve been hinting at an official Ubiquiti SuperUser program and today we’d like to announce the creation of this new program to recognize our most active and helpful users on the Ubiquiti Community!
We’ll be asking you, our users, to nominate fellow Community members into the SuperUser program.Read more...
Welcome to the November Community Update. Let us start by saying…”Wow, what an exciting time it continues to be here at Ubiquiti!” WISPAPALOOZA 2013 was a huge success for Ubiquiti, allowing our team to officially inaugurate our ISP Revolution, introduce the Ubiquiti World Network and bring forward several new highly anticipated products. And with our community forum hitting half a million forum posts plus the addition of several new features to our online community, we’ve been really busy this last month!
Here are some of the latest updates.Read more...
Welcome to this month's edition of our Community Updates. Every month we'll highlight what's going on in the community and recognize some of our most helpful users. We've had several new changes in the last month!Read more...
The Stories section of our community is a new area dedicated for our users to share success stories and photos of your experiences with Ubiquiti equipment.Read more...
We’re pleased to announce our new Ubiquiti Community Knowledge Base! As a result of transitioning to a new platform, our Community now offers additional benefits integrating both Forum and Knowledge Base together, a one-stop shop for Ubiquiti information.
If you're interested in contributing to the KB, you'll gain future Contributor Points towards the upcoming Super User program.Read more...
Last night we rolled out a new feature for the community: @Mentions.
You're probably familiar with this from Facebook and other Social Media platforms.
To use it, when composing a post, type @ and the first few letters of another user's nameRead more...
For all future software or firmware updates, we plan on posting a new blog entry as an announcement. This will allow you to find updates in one location, and opt in for email notifications.
If you want to receive notifications for new updates, you can subscribe to the blogs you're interested in.
- A Message To Our Community
- Community Site Upgrade
- Tagging Products! New Community Feature
- New Community Feature -- Real Time Notifications
- Community Update
- ONE MILLION POSTS on the Ubiquiti Community
- Community Updates - February 2015 Edition
- Community Updates - January 2015 Edition
- Community Updates - August 2014 Edition
- Community Updates - July 2014 Edition
- TheGo2SWATking on: A Message To Our Community
- wmealing on: Community Site Upgrade
- WisTech on: Tagging Products! New Community Feature
- on: New Community Feature -- Real Time Notifications
- cliveflint on: Community Update
- anteja on: ONE MILLION POSTS on the Ubiquiti Community
- someone_pentest on: Community Updates - February 2015 Edition
- Danovak on: Community Updates - January 2015 Edition
- s4u11 on: Community Updates - August 2014 Edition
- marnog on: Community Updates - July 2014 Edition