Simple: use the existing label api in vyos to drive creation & expiry of "flat" mpls label flow-match + actions to fully support label functions via accelerated processing/forwarding instructions in octeon/mediatek/etc.
Base support should should include label imposition, label swap, and label pop. Maximum lables that can be interacted with should scale to the capability (eg. label stack depth and its interactions) of safe, atomic operations in each architecture up to the maximum architectural packet size/dma buffer size. Go big, or go home.
An ABSOLUTELY brilliant thread for more info:
Connected to the request in: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Request-Edgemax-live-statistics/idi-p/2537826
The idea is an API for UniFi to collect statistics from the EdgeMAX products and displaying them on the UniFi controller without configuration support as I understand that is and will not be an option.
The idea is to make Unifi a better source of information on all devices and make it all more unified.
Please add support for Wireguard and Babeld in EdgeOS. Both of these, even at the early stages of their development, are far better than the existing alternatives. They both already work on EdgeOS, and Wireguard already has vyatta support.
There are a number of requests that depend on having firmware based on a newer Linux kernel. The 3.10 series kernel is already EOL as of Nov. 5, 2017 (a couple of weeks prior to this posting) and not recommended for use by its maintainer, even if it were upgraded to the latest 3.10.108 instead of the current 3.10.14:
As I understand it, there are challenges to upgrading the EdgeOS kernel due to dependencies on the Cavium and MediaTek SDKs, as well as UnionFS support not being in newer kernels. It should be possible to overcome each of these things with some effort and investment, and it's a requirement for keeping the EdgeOS platform relevant.
This request originally came about because of an effort to include the Cake shaper, which would bring a real improvement for control of latency under load as compared to the currently shipped fq_codel. Cake has been compiled for EdgeOS, but is very difficult to keep backported to the 3.10 series:
However, a newer kernel is also necessary to maintain a secure, stable and performant platform in general. The 4.4 kernel series has a projected long-term EOL of Feb, 2022, and thus might be a good minimum version to target.
Nowdays DHCPv6 becomes more popular. Especially if we have a setup of Stateful DHCPv6.
I would like to have also internal network name resolution. OR the ability to use ddns updates for dhcp leases. this way I could update my DNS servers and use the full capabilities of IPv6 in my network.
can you please implement MP-BGP suppport? It is aleady implemented in BIRD 2.0.2 and FRR BGP daemon. Is it already planed to implement it in the EdgeOS BGP daemon?
More information about MP-BGP you can find here:
Basically looking to have this functionality be available from the GUI:
I'd like to be able to have the following:
- Clients on LAN (including multiple VLANs) use the EdgeRouter for DNS
- EdgeRouter registers DHCP and other static entries in local DNS database (for split DNS)
- All other queries that would go to an external resolver instead go through DNSCrypt, which has its own config for what resolver(s) it will use
It would be useful to have the ability to have port forward that is configured, but disabled, so when needed it can be quickly enabled from the UI. No doubt there are other places where the ability to store but disable configuration would be handy.
Currently on all EdgeRouters, disabling a port, leaves the ethernet carrier up and the lights continue to blink.
In the case of EdgeRouters with switch chips, data continues to pass through the switch on disabled ports assigned to a switch. On routed ports (not on a switch), the routing is stopped, but ethernet hardware kept up on both ethernet and SFP ports.
The desired behavior is to drop the hardware ethernet carrier state when a port is disabled. This allows quick ospf triggering of port down state and is common sense behavior when someone plugs a cable into a disabled port.
For those with alpha forum access, see also here:
I believe there are various threads in the EdgeMax forum discussing and making available various scripts to auto-populate and compile list of networks and addresses from various reliable sources such as SpamHaus to block.
Is it possible for UBNT to consider making this a feature available to all users who may not be skilled enough to do so manually?
I would like to see the feature implemented of having an L2TP over IPSec client running on the EdgeRouter. We have serval instances where we need this for client implementation where native IPSec to IPSec is due to technical restriction on the remote end is not an option. My thoughts to the features would be:
- ideally configurable via GUI
- define specific remote networks for routing (or have them advertised by head-end)
- status shown in vpn section
I have also seen some others asking for such a solution in the forums, so I am hoping for some support for this implementation request.
- UBNT-benpin on: PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS A VALID APP
- UBNT-benpin on: REQUEST- FULL ACCOUNT FEATURES UCRM
- DeviceLocksmith on: DNSMasq bind-dynamic
- wessel1512 on: CLI reference for EdgeRouter
- dan7 on: MAC address access-group and access-list
- branto on: MP-BGP Support
- UBNT-benpin on: RPKI and MP-BGP support
- UBNT-benpin on: Ability to disable port forwards, rather then delete them
- ubentran1 on: Allow Cut And Paste in CLI
- UBNT-benpin on: No-op firewall rule action
- PoE that supports 802.11at/af
- PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS A VALID APP
- REQUEST- FULL ACCOUNT FEATURES UCRM
- Support AES for SNMPv3 (RFC 3826)
- Add journalctl output to GUI 2.0
- lighttpd: allow binding to an interface
- DNSMasq bind-dynamic
- DHCPv6 hostfile-update
- Ethertype 0x8848 and 0x8847 (mpls/multcast mpls) offload support
- device formfactor half-width