Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Thursday
Cool new Sliding Rack Mount Kit for Smaller Edge Products
Reason for Installation
This cool new adjustable rack mount kit allows you to install the various smaller Edge Products like the ER-4, ER-6P, etc into 19 inch racks.
Used Products
×1
×1
Description

The EdgeMax team has come up with a really cool new 19" rack mount kit for the smaller Routers and Switches like the ER-6P and ER-4.

It's currently available on the Early Access Store here:

https://store.ubnt.com/collections/accessories/products/edgemax-universal-rack-mount-kit

As you can sort of see from the photo below, the mounting ear on one side slides in and out to accomodate various sized devices

IMG_7749.jpg

Below shows it adjusted to handle an ER-6P

IMG_7752.jpg

For fun, and to show the size flexibility, here's one with a UniFi 8-60W, though the little UniFi does not have the proper side holes to accomodate it without modification.

IMG_7751E.jpg

And here's a shot from the back with the ER-6P mounted.

IMG_7807.jpg

This mount has plenty of slide play and will work with many future, yet to be announced Edge products too.

At its smallest setting it gets pretty small !   Is there a new tiny edge product in the works?

IMG_7808.jpg

It's currently available on the Early Access Store here:

https://store.ubnt.com/collections/accessories/products/edgemax-universal-rack-mount-kit

Comments
by
Thursday

The shipping cost more then the product itself Banghead

by
Thursday

Do you think I could wedge a US-8-150W in there?Ubnt Banana

by
Thursday

@MFilmWorks17  The 150W is a little too thick to fit.  Maybe with some creativity though.  If nothing else, Duct tape would probably work. Biggrin5

by
Thursday

@ClaudeSS Tonight I was planning on putting my ICC vent spacer on a mill and using it as a cover since I have one side of my US-8-150W attached !Out

by
Thursday

Interesting - now, the ES-8-150W was specifically designed to be desk or wall mounted, to prevent it being rack mounted. Something to do with overheating I think, as it is passively cooled. However, in my use case, I have it mounted on a shelf in a rack, which I assume as it is not 'rack-mounted' is within the accetable use-case scenario for it.

I had planed to drill through this shelf and bolt it down, not least so you can plug cables in without pushing the whole unit backwards, and thus make plugging cables a one-handed operations (not requiring second hand to hold the ES).

So - big question is. Can this be used for the ES-8-150W, or is that still a no-no?

House cab.jpeg

by
Friday

I ordered this when it popped in the store, but they've since added a note about compatibility. Do you think an ERLite will fit? Or should I reach out to ubnt to cancel the order?

by
Friday
Paging @UBNT-Jordan on the Lite question
by Ubiquiti Employee
Friday

@Obideuce This is not officially compatible with the ER-Lite. The sizing fits okay with this new bracket, but there is not a dedicated place to screw the bracket onto the ER-Lite. 

by
Friday

Bummer, wish the product page had mentioned that before I ordered.... it's good that it does now though.

by
Friday

@UBNT-Jordan - is this approved to be used with the ES-8-150W or this model is still not rack-mountable?