After several months (or more) of testing and prep work I finally got to move to a new rack in my datacenter. My core routers were ER8s for a long time, and were stuffed in a hole and didn't have easy access to them. With much vrrp wrangling I got the job done with virtually no down time ( I did have to swap a cable to a new switch)
I am quickly outgrowing a gigabit router, and needed more. Currently there is about 1 gig of traffic, but I have another ER8 that I need to decommission. Once that is done I should see close to 1.5 gig of traffic. And this sets me up really nicely for more growth and expansion.
These 2 routers are set up with VRRP for redundency, and works very nicely.
This is the new set up, I have easy access to it and everything in one place instead of several different racks.
These 2 ERs have been removed...not all that stuff is mine.