Home Network Upgrade Pre and Post Pictures
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

Hello, 

Finally got to post the progress in the communications rack for my house setup. Originally setup the rack with a simple network and started adding stuff until it became a mess, then the WiFi started failing and then added some more POE stuff and ran out of space in the Injector so it was time to upgrade.

Here is how it was before. All dusty as at the same time we were finishing the basement. During the dusty sanding and painting I made sure the equipment was off so at least will not suck all the dust. 

At this time the OLD analog CCTV system was already replaced by Unifi Video, which is the reason for all the unplugged power cords.

Burried in the mess was the first Ubiquiti product... an EdgeRouter 8 as my netgear Prosecure started to fail. 

Pre1.jpgPre - Switching and Routing, also visible the Unifi Camera Power Injectors

Pre 3.jpgPre - CCTV and UPS Backup

On top picture is visible the DVR and the Extron matrix switches I was using with the Rack mounted LCD display to check and troubleshoot the cameras. There is also an apple TV in the pictures as this RACK also houses the basement Home theater receiver which didn't make it into the pictures.  

Pre2.jpgPre - NAS

NAS.jpgPOST - NAS, FAXModem, Cable Modem

Servers.jpgPOST - Servers for Unifi Controller and Unifi Video

SW.jpgPOST - Switching and Routing

On the new setup, I have an ES-16-XG doing the backbone switching, the NAS and some 10GB server cards are connected to it aside from a LAG from the ES-24 which serves the cameras and the ES-48 which serves the rest of the non-POE devices. 

Still in the picture is the Old Wireless Lan controller which now is just drawing power as I replaced all the APs for Unifi AC PROS (not pictured). EgdeRouter still provides the main routing for the network. 

Also added to the Rack is the server stack. Currently running VPN, Printing and Fax Services and Unifi Controller. The Unifi Video server was taken offline as I have a Protect which is not yet installed in the Rack. 

Thanks 

Gianni

Home Network Upgrade Pre and Post Pictures

by on ‎10-30-2018 01:31 PM

Hello, 

Finally got to post the progress in the communications rack for my house setup. Originally setup the rack with a simple network and started adding stuff until it became a mess, then the WiFi started failing and then added some more POE stuff and ran out of space in the Injector so it was time to upgrade.

Here is how it was before. All dusty as at the same time we were finishing the basement. During the dusty sanding and painting I made sure the equipment was off so at least will not suck all the dust. 

At this time the OLD analog CCTV system was already replaced by Unifi Video, which is the reason for all the unplugged power cords.

Burried in the mess was the first Ubiquiti product... an EdgeRouter 8 as my netgear Prosecure started to fail. 

Pre1.jpgPre - Switching and Routing, also visible the Unifi Camera Power Injectors

Pre 3.jpgPre - CCTV and UPS Backup

On top picture is visible the DVR and the Extron matrix switches I was using with the Rack mounted LCD display to check and troubleshoot the cameras. There is also an apple TV in the pictures as this RACK also houses the basement Home theater receiver which didn't make it into the pictures.  

Pre2.jpgPre - NAS

NAS.jpgPOST - NAS, FAXModem, Cable Modem

Servers.jpgPOST - Servers for Unifi Controller and Unifi Video

SW.jpgPOST - Switching and Routing

On the new setup, I have an ES-16-XG doing the backbone switching, the NAS and some 10GB server cards are connected to it aside from a LAG from the ES-24 which serves the cameras and the ES-48 which serves the rest of the non-POE devices. 

Still in the picture is the Old Wireless Lan controller which now is just drawing power as I replaced all the APs for Unifi AC PROS (not pictured). EgdeRouter still provides the main routing for the network. 

Also added to the Rack is the server stack. Currently running VPN, Printing and Fax Services and Unifi Controller. The Unifi Video server was taken offline as I have a Protect which is not yet installed in the Rack. 

Thanks 

Gianni

{"location":{"title":"Burke, VA 22015, USA","placeId":"ChIJ9WhaMfdNtokRAnC9LYQx5Y0"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"edgerouter-8","count":1},{"id":"edgeswitch-24-250w","count":1},{"id":"edgeswitch-48-lite","count":1},{"id":"edgeswitch-16-150w","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"180731iAF06287688EFF9EE"}

Comments
by
on ‎11-09-2018 05:01 AM

@giannifp

What massive setup, seriously. all the best.

by
on ‎11-09-2018 12:52 PM

@maja-it Thanks!

by
3 weeks ago

One word... WOW. nice work.