05/19/2018
My Office Edge Router X SFP Installation
Reason for Installation
To provide a stable and high speed network 24/7
Used Products
×1
×1
Description

I'm a DevOps and network engineer whose major work is to provide stable internet access to the employees.

before deploying ER we had the TP-Link load balancer which we almost sorted out all the problems like service outage, low speed, different SSID names except the speed limit of 100 Mbps which is the maximum throughput.

Since Our ISP's started providing more than 100 Mbps, 6 months later we were not able to utilize those speeds, then we started looking out to a new products that are having GigBit ports.

Since i know ubiquiti products long time ago.. i chose ER as a final solution to deploy it.. the moment we deployed there was a change in our network.

We had no problems in video conferencing, streaming.. without any lagging or drops in calls. right now our transfer speed is around 300 Mbps and the bandwidth is 4.1 TB combining both ISP's to serve 30+ devices.

We have also installed Unifi UAP -AC-LR which has unbelievable wifi speeds and highly stable.

UNMS has been installed in the cloud for managing remotely.

Planning to deploy edge/unifi switches using SFP, unifi video for surveillance , and two more AP's for two more floor's.

Curretly the Wall Mount Rack Has:

-- Edge Router-X-SFP

-- ISP Modems

-- Power Supply

Cabling Used:

-- Cat 5e

Access Point:

-- UniFi UAP-AC-LR (Ceiling Mount)

IMG_20180519_162239_HHT[1].jpgCeiling Mount UAP -AC-LR

IMG_20180519_162135_HHT[1].jpg

IMG_20180519_161646[1].jpgRack Mount

IMG_20180519_161940[1].jpgER-X-SFP on the rack tray

My Office Edge Router X SFP Installation

by ‎05-19-2018 04:59 AM - edited ‎05-19-2018 05:01 AM

I'm a DevOps and network engineer whose major work is to provide stable internet access to the employees.

before deploying ER we had the TP-Link load balancer which we almost sorted out all the problems like service outage, low speed, different SSID names except the speed limit of 100 Mbps which is the maximum throughput.

Since Our ISP's started providing more than 100 Mbps, 6 months later we were not able to utilize those speeds, then we started looking out to a new products that are having GigBit ports.

Since i know ubiquiti products long time ago.. i chose ER as a final solution to deploy it.. the moment we deployed there was a change in our network.

We had no problems in video conferencing, streaming.. without any lagging or drops in calls. right now our transfer speed is around 300 Mbps and the bandwidth is 4.1 TB combining both ISP's to serve 30+ devices.

We have also installed Unifi UAP -AC-LR which has unbelievable wifi speeds and highly stable.

UNMS has been installed in the cloud for managing remotely.

Planning to deploy edge/unifi switches using SFP, unifi video for surveillance , and two more AP's for two more floor's.

Curretly the Wall Mount Rack Has:

-- Edge Router-X-SFP

-- ISP Modems

-- Power Supply

Cabling Used:

-- Cat 5e

Access Point:

-- UniFi UAP-AC-LR (Ceiling Mount)

IMG_20180519_162239_HHT[1].jpgCeiling Mount UAP -AC-LR

IMG_20180519_162135_HHT[1].jpg

IMG_20180519_161646[1].jpgRack Mount

IMG_20180519_161940[1].jpgER-X-SFP on the rack tray

{"location":{"title":"Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India","placeId":"ChIJYTN9T-plUjoRM9RjaAunYW4"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unms","count":1},{"id":"edgerouter-x-sfp","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"To provide a stable and high speed network 24/7","mainImage":"157812i18028AEC39E41BB5"}

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎05-21-2018 07:31 AM

@thai24 Thanks for sharing your deployment and success!