Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1
Contributions: 1

Add postscript option to ddclient

Could you guys add a built in option in `configure` for adding a postscript to ddclient? So that this patch isn't necessary?

http://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Configuration-Examples/EdgeMAX-Custom-Dynamic-DNS-with-Cloudfla...

Should be fairly trivial.

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5411
Solutions: 1657
Contributions: 2

Re: Add postscript option to ddclient

Yeah we could look into that, perhaps we can add a free-form setting for passing additional parameters to ddclient (similar to what we already do for dnsmasq, DHCP client/server, etc.). Thanks for the suggestion.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1
Contributions: 1

I'd like to express my interest in this again. Anything I can do to help?

Kudos: 7

Hi, Is there any news on this.

Currently I'm using the ppooe trigger to run a script trigger realated to ddns changes but I'd like to be able to specify the command itself including parameters/spaces etc instead of having to reference a script which is another thing I need to manually upload via ssh when I restoring my config, and ideally I'd like to have the command linked to the ddns client instead of the ppoe client.

Also ss there a way to specify the postscript command to include paramters and embedded spaces?

cheers

Ashley

dynamic {
            interface pppoe0 {
                service afraid {
                    host-name ???.?????.com
                    login ???
                    options postscript=/config/scripts/blarblar.sh
                    password ???
                }
            }
        }
Previous Employee

Looks like you are already using the free-form "options" to add the "postscript"? Could you clarify if that is working? From the ddclient documentation it will pass the new IP address to the script but doesn't look like it supports passing additional parameters to the script.

Kudos: 7

thanks - yeah the ppoe trigger to run the script is working but this does not allow for parameter passing - if it could be modified to pass whole commands - including multiple embedded spaces etc - it could simplify the configuraiton.

thanks anyway - I'll continue to use a script that contians the single curl command I need to triigger - thats really all I want to do - to call an http post to an https endpoint that includes a hashed user access key.

Previous Employee

Yeah the "postscript=..." option is passed to ddclient directly and currently ddclient does not support passing whole command, so for now what you're using would still be needed.