08-31-2015 03:49 PM - edited 02-17-2016 04:10 PM
We are starting the alpha/beta testing of our next release v1.8.0, and the major news for this release is that we have added a new proprietary routing protocol stack that supports new features including
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)
- Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)
- Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
And if those weren't enough, here are some other major new features/enhancements:
- New strongSwan (updated to version 5.2.2) for better IPsec support
- Add support for non-offloaded traffic to Traffic Analysis and DPI features
- Add "application" match to firewall rules based on DPI result, so for example a rule blocking certain applications can be configured
- New "Advanced Queue" QoS feature supporting hierarchical, global policy, "Host Fairness Queueing", and more. Also a new Advanced Queue Web UI page has been added and provides a graphical representation for configuration.
- Load balancing support for more than two links
- QoS "bursting" feature for Advanced Queue
If you are interested in testing these and other enhancements/fixes, please sign up for the beta testing program and join us in the beta forum! Thanks!