Established Member
Kudos: 190
Solutions: 59

Re: EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v1.10.0 has been released!

wrote:

I'm looking forward to upgrading the ER-Pros at work.  Waiting for somebody to chime in on ipsec VPN (point-to-point) performance or issues.  Anyone?

I've been using 1.10 since the first alpha, no issues with IPSec VPN!  Been running the final release for almost 10 days, zero issues in my setup.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 2

I pushed this firmware to 20+ ER devices. I did have one of my seven ER-X-SFPs brick after the upgrade. Replaced it with a hot spare. I don't have a USB TTL on hand but I'll order one in and test the unit to see what went wrong and if I can recover it.

The same issue.

Upgrade from 1.9.7hf4 to v1.10 about 10+ routers and 1 bricked. I have USB-TTL converter. So, unbrick ok. Error in the console was: Kernel panic, because missed ubi7 mtd device.

Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

wrote:

@CanadaGuy
> After first reboot I got a "Fatal Error: Could not load configuration" after I logged in. I refreshed the page to try logging in again and it went fine.
> Is there a configuration conversion that takes place after the upgrade?
There's no config conversion when upgrading from 1.9.7 to 1.10.0

1. In which browser did use observe "Fatal Error: Could not load configuration" error.
  2. Was it one-time occurrence?

It was Chrome and only ocurred one time.

Kudos: 2

wrote:

Upgraded ER-5 at home last night.  Subjectively, it feels more performant.  Got good scores on bandwidth tests too.

I'm looking forward to upgrading the ER-Pros at work.  Waiting for somebody to chime in on ipsec VPN (point-to-point) performance or issues.  Anyone?

Keep up the great work Ubiquiti ER-Pro team.  Squeeze everything you can out of those Cavium chipsets please!

Upgraded 3 ER-8s this morning, all went well. I also had the problem with the gui in chrome but just one time. IPSEC performance definitely increased. Gained 25 mbps up and down.

upgrade to version 1.10.0 with no problems and always made a back up of settings too with sucess no crash bricking of device 

from hotfix4 to 1.10.0

Emerging Member

It looks like this version strips comments (/*...*/)  from loaded files.

I edit config files directly with an editor.  I find it easier to read and understand what's happening if I can examine the source.  It's also quicker if I need to make mass changes.  I've been doing this since 1.7 days and it's worked out very well.  I also put in a lot of comments /*...*/ to document what I've done and why the changes are necssary.

The current version seems to strip out comments after a commit.  Previously

load ~/development.config

commit

load ~/development.config

compare 

returns no difference between the loaded and current config.

In 1.10,  the same sequence will list all comments as "new" changes.  This makes debugging more diffcult since all existing comments are flagged as new.

Is there a way to turn off flagging comments as "new" in a compare command?

Kudos: 3

Upgraded my ERL3 today, smooth no problems.

Live for today...
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 797
Solutions: 70

@deathseeker41
> I ran the test again with -l 1448 and it still shows out of order packets:
Just as @waterside pointed out - 2 reordered packets is not an issue, it could even be possible that those 2 packets were reordered even before they reached ER.

@ccagan
> I did have one of my seven ER-X-SFPs brick after the upgrade.

1. Did you try resetting to factory default configration?
  2. Please try *Ssh recovery* which allows admin to login router on early boot stage even if configurtion was corrupted. See details here -> https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Beta/new-feature-explaining-ssh-recovery-service-in-v1-10-0-al...

@Asmodeus83
> Upgrade from 1.9.7hf4 to v1.10 about 10+ routers and 1 bricked. I have USB-TTL converter.
> Error in the console was: Kernel panic, because missed ubi7 mtd device.

1. Please post whole console output
  2. What ER model got bricked? I can send give instructions how to recover it via serial console.

@mousehunt
> It looks like this version strips comments (/*...*/) from loaded files.

I did not know that it was possible to add comments in configuration.
I was able to reproduce this - after upgrading to 1.10.0 comments were gone from configuration file. Looks like in an effort to increase speed of configuration we accidentally removed this feature. I will create a bug ticket to bring back this feature.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 12

I went ahead and upgraded all 8 of my ER-Pros at work to latest firmware.  Upgrade went smoothly and everything appears to be working as it was before.  VPNs appear stable and everything is working as before.

Thanks for the encouragement for those who shared their experiences.  Also, thanks to the beta and earlier testers.

Kudos: 71
Solutions: 5

@UBNT-afomins

When can we expect the GPL archives to be released? I'd like to get a WireGuard release out that supports 1.10 as fast as possible.

Kudos: 13

The ubnt-util daemon randomly crashes and following message is visible in syslog:
Process 749 (ubnt-util) has crashed (parent 656 (ubnt-daemon) signal 11, code 0, addr 0000029000000000), coredumps disabled
This crash does not affect functionality and it can be safely ignored. It will be fixed in future release.

Is there any documentation on the functions of ubnt-util?  Just curious what it does and what will not happen between it crashing and being restarted.

Kudos: 8

Please try *Ssh recovery* which allows admin to login router on early boot stage even if configurtion was corrupted. See details here -> https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Beta/new-feature-explaining-ssh-recovery-service-in-v1-10-0-al...

Getting:

Ubiquiti Networks Community

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 4

Installed fine on my ER-X.

Kudos: 69

[ Edited ]

Updated to 1.10 after creating a backup.  

System storage was at 68% used on the ER-X.  I removed the old image after upgrading to 1.10 and it went down to a nice 35% Man Happy.  Love the edgerouter.  Haven't had any issues with that thing since I purchased it.

**Also want to add I updated through the GUI without any glitches.  All went well.  The last firmware update wouldn't allow me to do it through the interface.  This one did.**

Nicely done Ubiquiti.

Be Proactive Instead of Reactive....
Kudos: 31

wrote:

System storage was at 68% used on the ER-X.  I removed the old image after upgrading to 1.10 and it went down to a nice 35% Man Happy

Dumb question and I don't mean to hi-jack the thread... How do you remove the old images?

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 15

@quake101

delete system image

It deletes the non boot image, if it exists.

I do this ALWAYS on an ERX because I bricked one before (but recovered it)

My upgrade from 1.9.7 Patch 4 to 1.10 went fine using the GUI (for a ER-Lite).  My config is pretty simple.  Performance has increased, or at least it appears to be faster.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 13

Upgraded today. No problems. Network does appear faster.

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-afomins wrote:

@mousehunt
> It looks like this version strips comments (/*...*/) from loaded files.

I did not know that it was possible to add comments in configuration.
I was able to reproduce this - after upgrading to 1.10.0 comments were gone from configuration file. Looks like in an effort to increase speed of configuration we accidentally removed this feature. I will create a bug ticket to bring back this feature.

@UBNT-afomins,

Thank you!  Yes, that would greatly help in keeping track of modifications.   90% of the time I directly edit the config file.  Comments help to document at a high level what was changed, and equally important, what other parts of the network it can impact.