Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Solutions: 1

Forward port from internet to VPN ip sec

Hello community, is any way to forward one WAN port to VPN IPSEC?

I have an established VPN and I want to bring access from the internet to this VPN 

Tnx for your time.

Established Member
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 80

Re: Forward port from internet to VPN ip sec

My guess is that you can forward any destination port to any destination host from the Internet. You don't have to use IPsec for this or pass through the tunnel. Just simply forward port to your internal host. Both peers have its own Internet access/external ip.
Thanks,
Myky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Emerging Member

I don't have access to the other side router

Established Member
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 80

[ Edited ]

In theory, you have to apply NAT on the traffic (both source and destination). You will be coming from the Internet, your IPSec tunnel sides has private ip address ranges. Never tried this and don't know if this even possible (doubt very much).

Thanks,
Myky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don`t blame the device as it`s always doing what you have asked it to do, this is not always the same as what you want.
Emerging Member

I have a destination NAT but how I need to do the source NATto reach that network?