Highlighted

Smart Queue QoS on EdgeRouter Lite v1.9.7+hotfix.4 - Broken?

Setting the Smart Queue feature on on my EdgeRouter Lite - 28 down and 5 up on the pppoe interface.

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 12.00.16.png

Then - running: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

The tests are showing that the bandwidth limits are not coming into effect.

This feature used to work but I've seen all kinds of issues with it and QoS in general on the router recently and wondered whether there are problems under the latest version of code?

The router also doesn't seem to deal very well with QoS where I'm mixing streaming traffic (iPlayer / Netflix) with low latency gaming traffic. The gaming traffic gets obliterated.

I have lots of congestion issues with internet in my region so I'm heavily reliant on QoS locally to fairly manage traffic and bandwidth control to avoid saturation. None of this seems to work well on the router.

I'm sure all this worked better in the past. Are there known issues?

Re: Smart Queue QoS on EdgeRouter Lite v1.9.7+hotfix.4 - Broken?

Just to add to this - I repeatedly tested this, clearing and re-applying, then giving the QoS profile time to bed in each time - same results as above. Cleared the profile again then rebooted the router. Reapplied the Smart QoS profile and then it started to work.

So something isn't right here with Smart Queue not applying correctly and the failure going un-detected. Net result, you think you have a profile applied but no effect.

The only thing I've done differently recently is try basic queues which seemed to leave configuration artifacts after deletion - so perhaps this is what's impacted Smart Queue.

Kudos: 1303
Solutions: 553

post your config.  (remove passwords)

from CLI:

show configuration | cat

As mentioned - rebooted and changed config to get it working.

If I reproduce, I'll publish the config as suggested. Thanks.