Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Established Member
Kudos: 83
Solutions: 1

View SFP statistics like rx and tx fiber levels?

Can we do this at some point?

I haven't been able to find out where or if it's even possible. Trying ethtool just tells me it can't get the eeprom information.

Is there a command I am missing somewhere?

This is needed in commercial environments

Yep, that can happen
www.wirelessdatanet.net
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5381
Solutions: 1655
Contributions: 2

Re: View SFP statistics like rx and tx fiber levels?

Currently for example the "show interfaces ethernet eth6 sfp" command provides some basic information from the module. However, it does not currently support reading the diagnostics (DDM) information, but we may be able to improve that in the future.

Operating a fair number of EdgeRouterPros, just adding a comment to +1 for supporting DDM/DOM capability for devices with fiber interfaces (as capable SFPs allow for) would be very extremely helpful.  

thanks,

Previous Employee

Yeah the diag information can certainly be useful and we'll need to see if we have the resources to get to it. (On a probably unrelated note, this is supported on the EdgeSwitch products.)

Can anyone at Ubnt confirm the cause for this not working?  I've seen this command (ethtool -m) work find with other Linux/Hardware combos but not on the EdgeRouter Pro.  I have tried downloading the current MIPS binary and still nothing.  As a network engineer in an organization where we have dozens of these devices deployed to remote locations, fiber TX/RX level information would be immensely helpful.  Thanks

Previous Employee

Yeah as mentioned it can definitely be useful and just a matter of implementing the code in the driver to read the DDM data and display it (the ethtool command requires driver support). Thanks for the feedback.

Kudos: 19

Sadly two years later this still isn't supported. Man Sad

Kudos: 10

+1 on this.

Was hoping to deploy ~500 of these suckers over the summer, but can only grab this info from the Juniper side of the link...  would be great to see both ends of the link.