Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 1475
Solutions: 699

sticky sessions with WLB

Hi there, maybe this has been discussed , but I'm not able to find where...I started play with the WLB , very basic config. at the moment, and , as far as I saw, seems that the same client, while eg. writes a message in some forums and ,by hitting the 'preview' button , is redirected to the login page, inserting again usr and pwd, is then possible to proceed , with no more any issue. Could this be related to the lack of sticky sessions ? Is there a way to mitigate/overcome this behavior ?
Thanks

Regards

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5411
Solutions: 1657
Contributions: 2

Re: sticky sessions with WLB

Yes that is likely the case, and this has been discussed before and we could implement something to address this issue. For now a workaround may be to define another group with "failover-only" for specific traffic (an example is in the config here).

SuperUser
Kudos: 1475
Solutions: 699

Re: sticky sessions with WLB

Hi , thank for your reply, unfortunately isn't my case. I'm working on three building, all contain holiday flats, two of these buildings have their own internet connection, and already have  the UniFi distribution on all floors. On the 3rd building , right now ,I'm installing the UniFi system.
The internet connection for the last one, will be obtained from one of two previous buildings , via a couple of NBM5, but my goal was to share two Internet connections among three buildings ( by installing another couple of NBM5 , and playing a bit with some vlans..), but since the most traffic will be, from guests of all buildings, on port tcp 80, 443 and skype...and is difficult to estimate the network load from each building (since it varies continuosly), waiting for a fix, I'll use another kind of device.

Regards