Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1036
Solutions: 224

EdgePower 1.3.0 Release

[ Edited ]

EdgePower 1.3.0 Firmware Download

(SHA256: 3663d99bb9ff82d5e2ba073959ac1d707922f926b86b8ced9e01ac13cd477fad)

Changelog

UBNT MIBs

1.3.0 Changelog / October 3, 2018:

====

- Added State to the dashboard - Shows Online, PSU Offline, On battery, Battery low, Power off

- Introduced new Power tab in UI which will include all Power specific features

- Replaced On/Off/Standby PSU properties with Priority options (see screenshot below)

- Added power-cycle button for DC Output

- Added ping watchdog: When EdgePower boots up, after a delay of 300 seconds, EdgePower starts checking selected IP address. If there is no response for 3 times, the DC output is power-cycled.

- Added low voltage disconnect: When all batteries reach 11.8V, DC Output is turned off. This is indicated by Power off status.

- Added timezone selection

- Updated Discovery Responder

- Enabled IPv6 Link-local

- Fixed bug when SSH authorized keys cannot be imported

- Other minor fixes

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.44.03 AM.png1.3.0 Dashboard

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.44.29 AM.pngNew Power Tab in UI

Kudos: 5

Re: EdgePower 1.3.0 Release

Thanks for this! When can we expect UNMS to report AC power loss and low battery? We are starting to use these at our sites as a UPS as well as a DC power source for our Edgepoint Switch and router.

Established Member
Kudos: 293
Solutions: 3

This is awesome!  I love where this product is going!

Kudos: 82
Solutions: 7

Loaded up 13 on my tower in alpha testing.  Had a rough couple of days, had it actually hit failover to the secondary battery array.  1.3 did well, it failed over without any interuption, ended up bouncing back and forth between the two as the main array charged (sun was coming/going).

LVD seems a little higher than 1.2 and still don't believe this is user customizable.  Overall looks good, no crashes and operates well.  nice interface changes.

Kudos: 6

Hello, I would need some information on the new features:
Assuming you have an AC module and a DC which current is available for battery charging?
Can I use 48V 100A / h batteries?
In this case it is only the AC module that charges the batteries?
Currently I use an external 48V battery charger now I can delete it by clicking on the "CHARGING" button?
Can the old battery charger remain connected at the same time?
Thanks for any answers.

SuperUser
Kudos: 10508
Solutions: 641
Contributions: 1

@mariobertini wrote:

Hello, I would need some information on the new features:
Assuming you have an AC module and a DC which current is available for battery charging?
Can I use 48V 100A / h batteries?
In this case it is only the AC module that charges the batteries?
Currently I use an external 48V battery charger now I can delete it by clicking on the "CHARGING" button?
Can the old battery charger remain connected at the same time?
Thanks for any answers.

IIRC the battery charging current is 400ma (at least for 48V battery stacks), so it's not going to re-charge deply depleted batteries quickly.   But if you turn off the charging from the EP there's no problem using an outboard charger.

The batteries can be 24, 36 or 48V.   The module will auto-sense the stack voltage.

I think it's possible to have two DC modules and one charge it's battery stack from the other, but that's probably not very useful in the real world.   We have situations (mostly Solar sites) where we use 2 DC modules and outboard charge controllers.

No problem with the outboard charger.

BTW the DC input is  isolated, so you can use positive or negative ground DC battery systems.

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Kudos: 6

thank you so much