Highlighted

EdgePower AC PSU Issue

[ Edited ]

So I recently setup an EdgePower to feed an EP-S16 and am having some issue with getting the AC power supply to function correctly. It seems to work alright after the first inital plug in to the wall, but if I cycle the power supply off and on in the UI it will never bring the PSU up to the 54V output. Instead it bounces around between 3V and ~30V. To me this sounds like an over current fault resulting in the supply shutting down. But it's just powering a single EdgePoint S16 which uses about 28W nominally so over current doesn't make sense unless there is some kind of huge in rush load tripping that sensing. At any rate has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if it's a software issue or if it's a bad PSU. As of now i'm just running with a single AC PSU.

Thanks,

Neil

SuperUser
Kudos: 8879
Solutions: 548
Contributions: 1

Re: EdgePower AC PSU Issue

nbetham wrote:

So I recently setup an EdgePower to feed an EP-S16 and am having some issue with getting the AC power supply to function correctly. It seems to work alright after the first inital plug in to the wall, but if I cycle the power supply off and on in the UI it will never bring the PSU up to the 54V output. Instead it bounces around between 3V and ~30V. To me this sounds like an over current fault resulting in the supply shutting down. But it's just powering a single EdgePoint S16 which uses about 28W nominally so over current doesn't make sense unless there is some kind of huge in rush load tripping that sensing. At any rate has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if it's a software issue or if it's a bad PSU. As of now i'm just running with a single AC PSU.

Thanks,

Neil

No, never seen anything like that on any of our EPowers.   We run them with both AC and DC Power Modules generally but even the few we have out there with just AC I've not seen this.    What FW version are you running?   If you reboot the unit does the issue clear?

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply! So i'm running firmware 1.1.0. The only time the supply will initialize properly is when it was enabled prior to unplugging it and replugging it from the wall. Doing a reboot through the UI doesn't solve the problem. Anytime the supply is being enabled from the UI it will run into this issue.

Neil

SuperUser
Kudos: 8879
Solutions: 548
Contributions: 1

nbetham wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply! So i'm running firmware 1.1.0. The only time the supply will initialize properly is when it was enabled prior to unplugging it and replugging it from the wall. Doing a reboot through the UI doesn't solve the problem. Anytime the supply is being enabled from the UI it will run into this issue.

Neil

@UBNT-Jordan any ideas here?

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist