Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 7651
Solutions: 562
Contributions: 2

Weird DC PSU status.

So my DC PSU is acting really weird.  Note the battery voltage.

TempEPMain.PNG

Now look at the log.  Its re-assuring that every once in a while it does show the correct voltage.  But most of the time it's wrong.

The DC-PSU is connected to a TYCON battery charger output.  I will go measure the voltage with a volt meter to check next time I'm at the site. 

TempEPVolt.PNG

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Kudos: 100
Solutions: 12

Re: Weird DC PSU status.

I just noticed this same issue showing 1.26V on my 48v bank. It occasionally flashes 49.9v but most of the time shows 1.26v. With my meter it shows 50v to the plug and if I monitor amperage with the meter from the PSU to the battery bank it shows it has positive amperage going to the batteries so it is charging. I think it is a GUI glitch but it doesnt seem that UBNT is very active on this side much at all to chime in. 

I wish there was a bit more development on the firmware but from what I have read we shouldnt expect an update until Q2 at the earliest next year. Its kind of disappointing, this product has some promising features but without support we cant rely on it for our sites. 

SuperUser
Kudos: 1953
Solutions: 28

Re: Weird DC PSU status.

[ Edited ]

Claude... I have several doing this aswell. I verified batteries are charged... I am concerned this could led to site power down when on battery

UBRSS, UBWA, UEWA - Ubiquiti Certified Trainer
edgepower-fail.PNG