Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

3 ER-X, IPSEC Offloading Site to Site Vpns

[ Edited ]

I have 3 different sites, all on fiber (2 on Verizon FiOS and 1 on Centurylink). All 3 sites have the ER-X routers, and all have been updated to 1.10. I have ipsec offload enabled on 2 sites, let's call them A and B (which are both Verizon sites). When I try to enable ipsec offloading on site C (Centurylink), the VPN tunnels between all three sites fail to pass traffic. In the CLI I see the tunnels are up though.

All sites use dynamic IPs, and all sites connect to each other in a mesh network fine without ipsec offloading. When I enable it on A and B, but disable it on C, everything is ok. If I enable it on all sites, no traffic passes. If I disable offloading on all sites, everything works fine.

Appreciate any insight the forum can provide.

Priteshp52

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 3 ER-X, IPSEC Offloading Site to Site Vpns

Fixed my own problem. Upgraded s2s tunnels from IKEv1 to IKEv2 and enabled offloading in site C and now works fine.

Hopefully this helps someone else along the line.

Priteshp52

View solution in original post

All Replies

No ideas from anyone? Surprised to see this.

I'll try to re-explain if possible.

We have 3 sites, A, B and C in a mesh network, meaning all sites connect to each other via s2s vpn tunnels. When offloading is enabled for all three sites, site C doesn't send/receive traffic from sites A and B. When ipsec offloading is disabled on site C, everything works normally.

Why would having ipsec offload enabled on all 3 sites cause problems?

Priteshp52

Highlighted

Fixed my own problem. Upgraded s2s tunnels from IKEv1 to IKEv2 and enabled offloading in site C and now works fine.

Hopefully this helps someone else along the line.

Priteshp52