Kudos: 27
Solutions: 1

Any GCC Compiler for edge router where I can compile on the router or tookchian for linux

link to source.

https://github.com/rgerganov/nfqsed

This can intercept traffic, reroute traffic, and change traffic patterns based in incoming packets for IPTABLES

I would like to use it for packet reording so to take load off to give some services such as DNS process and faster response to the end user for page lookups,  Also I want to be able to alter customers who do not pay to a website having them call me to reinstate their account.

I dont have the compiler for the edgerouter or I would do it myself, its a simple C file, 

Would like to know if this is possible.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1140
Solutions: 232

Re: Any GCC Compiler for edge router where I can compile on the router or tookchian for linux

@jmoisher This isn't something that we directly support. UCRM and UNMS may accomplish the remote management and redirect/payment portal tasks. There is also a new suspend feature (guide here) in the latest firmware. Other users might share some ideas too.

Re: Any GCC Compiler for edge router where I can compile on the router or tookchian for linux

@UBNT-Jordan thanks for the reply, I remember people talking about it in the forum about older firmware I am using the 1.10.8 firmware for the edgerouter.   From what I gater its a vyatta linux distro, so it should support say

apt-get buildutils

apt-get gcc*

apt-get automake

however once those are installed on the router, if I need to set it to defaults after I program my file for remote app ect, then do I have to reimage the USB stick, was going to compile it on a edgerouter lite so I really couldnt brick the device.

In short if anyone knows if its possible to compile direectly on the router with newer firmware and also how to delete the files when done if need be,  the 2nd part is not as important as I can use that router for a dev router.

Thanks the replys.

Figured out how, works flawless on edgerouter lite, was able to make static binary.   If you are going to try this yourself advise doing it on a edgerouter lite where you can flash the USB, I bricked mine a few times before I got it down script wise and working good.

You can just restore 1.7.0 or other images in this forum by writing with ethcher back to the device.

Also having GCC on the router and the libs doesnt not take much space about 46MB more and it does not affect any of Edge Router sottware that I can see.