Highlighted
Emerging Member
Accepted Solution

BUG REPORT for NAT between GUI and CLI

I've been setting up an IP masquerade seutp with the EdgeRouter Lite-3 using firmware 1.6.0.

I've been using the GUI while also maintaining a PuTTY console session.

At one point I had created a SNAT and a DNAT (via the GUI), and had disabled the DNAT, which was evident from the grayed out DNAT entry.

However, after disabling the DNAT, and waiting for it to save, I then issued the "show configuration" command in the CLI only to see the configuration showed that the DNAT was STILL ACTIVE!  (I was wondering because the router was allowing some traffic I didn't think it would with the DNAT disabled.)

GUI_shows_DNAT_disabled_but_config_shows_still_enabled.png

So, in the GUI I "cycled" the DNAT by "enabling" it and then "disabling" it again.  This time when I checked the console CLI "show configuration" it showed the DNAT disabled.

After_cycling_the_DNAT_rule_to_enabled_and_then_disabled_again_now_the_configuration_shows_disabled_001.png

The only other odd thing I've noticed, and perhaps it's just normal, the main GUI page shows the # of Active NAT rules to be "2" when 1 of the 2 is actually disabled, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not either (meaning does "active" simply mean that # of rules exists, or does "active" mean the # of "enabled" rules?  If the latter then you have a definte other bug as well.)

EdgeRouter_-_how_is_DNAT_considered_ACTIVE_when_it's_disabled.png

Accepted Solutions
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5429
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Re: BUG REPORT for NAT between GUI and CLI

I just tried this and could not reproduce the issue, i.e., after the first "disable" in the Web UI, the CLI does indeed show the rule as disabled. Is there a sequence of actions that can reliably reproduce the issue?

As for the counter, yeah currently it is just the number of rules. Maybe we should clarify/change the term "active" to avoid confusion. Thanks for the feedback.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5429
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

I just tried this and could not reproduce the issue, i.e., after the first "disable" in the Web UI, the CLI does indeed show the rule as disabled. Is there a sequence of actions that can reliably reproduce the issue?

As for the counter, yeah currently it is just the number of rules. Maybe we should clarify/change the term "active" to avoid confusion. Thanks for the feedback.

Emerging Member

Well I wasn't sure whether to mark "not duplicating" an error as a solution, as it definately happened, but since it wasn't easily reproducible we'll call it a fluke and move one.  Thanks for checking and for possibly clarifying the screen text too.

Thanks for the help Icon Smile