Kudos: 2
Accepted Solution

Can I connect my ER-X via eth1 to WiFi router and access it over the network instead of 192.168.1.1?

As the attachment suggest, I can connect my ER-X to my existing WiFi router via eth1 and the ER-X will get an IP address on the LAN.  I can then access the ER-X through the LAN to setup the ER-X.  This seems to be easier for me because then I don't have to setup an static IP address on eth0.  I know how to setup static addresses, but DHCP just makes life less complicated.

Is the company documentation right or wrong.  Is it old, out of date or what?

Of course this all takes place before I do the wizard.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 189
Solutions: 59

Re: Can I connect my ER-X via eth1 to WiFi router and access it over the network instead of 192.168.

@spiderjerusalem
As far as I know, that feature was added in firmware 2.0.0 - so only if the device is running that version will it enable eth1 as DHCP.
It looks like the documentation PDF is from 2018-10-17 - the earlier version from 2018-02-02, I found on archive.org, does not have DHCP.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 189
Solutions: 59

Re: Can I connect my ER-X via eth1 to WiFi router and access it over the network instead of 192.168.

@spiderjerusalem
As far as I know, that feature was added in firmware 2.0.0 - so only if the device is running that version will it enable eth1 as DHCP.
It looks like the documentation PDF is from 2018-10-17 - the earlier version from 2018-02-02, I found on archive.org, does not have DHCP.
Highlighted
Kudos: 2

@flamber wrote:
@spiderjerusalem

Thank you for the reply.  That clarifies things.