Can't access GUI, can't ping, and it won't reset. The lights are on but nobody is home.

Hello, All.

I received my Edgerouter Lite yesterday. Didn't really have time to mess with it but I logged into the GUI just to take a look and then left it running for about 24 hours. When I got home this evening I tried to login again and got no response. It just times out.

I have activity lights going on port 0 so it looks like somethings happening. My static IP settings on my NIC are the same as they were last night when I was able to login but I'll post them anyway:

IP Address: 192.168.1.20

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS is blank

I tried resetting as per instructions by unplugging the power, and then holding the reset button in while reapplying power. I have tried this several times and have held it in for up to 5 minutes but I still never get a flashing light on port 2 like the user guide says is supposed to happen. Just have a solid light on the console port as always and flashing activity light on port 0 when I plug in the patch cable.

I also tried connecting via console and it never came up with a prompt. It looks like some sort of error but I honestly don't know what it means so I am posting a screenshot of the console window in case anyone can figure it out.

Thanks for any help

console snapshot

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5474
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Re: Can't access GUI, can't ping, and it won't reset. The lights are on but nobody is home.

That looks like it might be affected by the memory issue discussed before. As mentioned in that thread please contact support@ubnt.com and we can help you verify if that is indeed the case.

Highlighted

Re: Can't access GUI, can't ping, and it won't reset. The lights are on but nobody is home.

Sent the memtest results to tech support and yup. It's official, I'm part of the "1%" Cheers2

Winner winner chicken dinner!